“Romantic Italian”

Rocco's Italian Grille and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocco's Italian Grille and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 334 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Proprietor Rocco Potami has opened a casual yet sophisticated dining spot as warm and personal as a family-run trattoria, with marble floors, golden-hued walls, warm woods, white linens. There's a cozy wood-paneled bar, intimate al fresco dining on a courtyard terrace and private space for special events. Rocco's uses the freshest meats, produce, breads, special sauces and imported pastas that are the heart of fine Italian cooking. The result is a diverse culinary experience, offering a taste of favorite dishes selected from each region of Italy. The cozy bar features seats at the bar, as well as banquette seating and high-top tables. Live music enlivens the scene Wed-Sat evenings from 7:30 til 10:30 PM.
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Romantic Italian”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went to Rocco's on Valentine's Day, despite being caught in horrible Winter Park traffic and arriving late for our reservations, we were seated right away. We started with the Bruschetta Sorpresa which was a goat cheese variety that day, it was tasty albeit untraditional. I had the special which was a lobster ravioli in shrimp mousse, my boyfriend had the Linguine Frutti Di Mare off the menu. Although the lobster meat in the ravioli was excellent, I didn't care for the shrimp mousse so wouldn't order that again at any restaurant. The frutti di mare though was excellent and full of flavor. The dessert was also a special for the evening, a yin/yang pair of profiteroles where one was filled with chocolate mouse with a white chocolate mouse topping and the other the opposite. They were a nice light ending to the meal.

Service was attentive and suggestions were given for italian beer (there is such a thing!) and wine choices that were right on the mark. The atmosphere was romantic though next time I would ask to sit on the side that does not have the bar as there's a TV nearby which can be distracting, though only visually as they thankfully had it on silent mode.

We will return again when in the Orlando area!

• Visited February 2013

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Rocco's Grille Winter Park”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I had to travel to Winter Park unexpectedly on a Friday. You don't get into a good Winter Park restaurant on a Friday night without reservations (unless of course you don't mind waiting two hours). We could see through a window that Rocco's was busy, but we noticed that there were bistro tables near the bar. The hostess asked if we had reservations. We said no, but how about the bar area? The hostess was happy to sit us there.
The bartender, a lovely young lass, was just delightful. The drinks were generous and well made. The wine list was equally good. The food was superb. Being a Friday in Lent, we had sefood. The Frito misto of fried calamari, shrimp and zucchini was cooked just right and served with a tasty a'oglio. A jumbo shrimp appetizer, two shrimp the size of small fist, were served on bruschetta and toped with a creamed gorgonzola sauce. My wife had a bowl of New England clam chowder that she thoroughly enjoyed. She is a chowder maven! She also said that the lobster ravioli were fantastic!
A young gentleman played the guitar and sang contemporary as well as vintage Italian tunes. It was a impromptu meal that turned into a "date night!"
I would recommend this for any couple or group to share a wonderful evening!

• Visited February 2013
Tampa, Florida
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

From the moment we set foot in this lovely restaurant, we knew we were in for an authentic Italian experience. Warm greetings from the hostess Silvana (who may have been hitting the grappa, we weren't sure!), the proprietor himself walking around in his crisp chef's whites, the young but efficient waiter, and even the sax player in the bar, made us feel right at home. But the bottom line in every dining experience comes straight out of the kitchen, and the food here really sings. Great caesar salads, served with imported white anchovies at our request, were superb. I had the eggplant parmesan, one of the day's specials, in a tangy, flavorful tomato sauce, and my husband had the meat lasagna – both outstanding choices. A nice selection of wines by the glass added to the experience. Sadly, due to the large portions and the delicious bread we indulged in, we were had no room for desert. But from top to bottom, this amazing meal couldn't have been more perfect. Overall, not an inexpensive night, but not overpriced either, in our estimation. Next time we are in Orlando, we will definitely return.

• Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have driven past this restaurant and it's neighbor El Bodegon a hundred times and always said to myself "I wonder how those restaurants are?" Well, the other day my wife said "I want to try Rocco's. She had stopped in earlier to grab a menu and a look around and was immediately and warmly greeted by the proprietor and given a tour of his restaurant. That night we arrived and were again greeted warmly. The service was exceptional, the food outstanding and reasonably priced and the wine list was very good. There was a live singer from Italy that evening who was spectacular. The whole evening was just great. My only regret is that we did not try this place sooner.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank gatorvw
Orlando, Florida
“Food, ambiance, and wine! A great find in Winter Park, FL!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have been many places in town, most of which have been with the kids. We finally got out for an evening with friends and decided on this little gem. The appearance is unassuming. In fact, we have dined across the street at Black Bean Deli 20 times and actually never noticed it. On our arrival, our table was waiting for us. We were greeted enthusiastically by Rocco and an older Italian woman who was excited to meet and see us. We decided to sit in the bar and had drinks for an hour before going to the table. The bar was great as was the service. We went to our table and ordered a bottle of wine and an appetizer of calamari and shrimp. Fantastic. Perfectly cooked. Not chewy. Hot and well seasoned. The bread that came was warm and very tasty. We had several different dishes at our table: risotto with scallops, zuppe de pesce, and lasagna. I had the pleasure of eating a bit of all of them. I had lasagna but my favorite was the risotto. I could have eaten 3 plates of this. Amazing texture and flavor. The scallops were perfectly cooked. The desert was a homemade chocolate lava cake which was also fantastic.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for anything more. There was live music, but that didn't overwhelm the environment so we were still able to have a conversation. The staff was very attentive and everything from our perspective was spot on. We definitely will be back to this place! Thank you for a great experience!!!

• Visited September 2012