“Interesting concept but overpriced”

The Wine Room on Park Avenue
Ranked #3 of 16 Shopping in Winter Park
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am a lifelong oenophile and collector, and was interested in the idea of trying different wines, but paying $3-$20 for 1 ounce sips of wines was frustrating! Several of the dispensers were non-functional, or the bottles were empty! The only reasonable option was to pay the somewhat over-priced prices for a bottle and drinking it there. We did not try the food. I would not go back.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had seen this place on the travel channel and I couldn't wait to try it out. I went a girls tip with my sisters and friends and we had so much fun! I loved that it was a simple process and that you could move at your own pace and try whatever appealed to you and not having to try some crapy wine that the store owner likes. They had several different varieties of wines, anything ranging in prices to $8.00 - $500.00. I loved it because there were several wines that I had never heard of and got to try something new. The staff was friendly, helpful and yet they didn't breath down your neck the whole time or try to talk you into buying something you couldn't afford or didn't like. It was clean and layed out great and easy to understand the pattern of wines. Loved this place and I want to go back!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We are in Winter Park often, and visit the Wine Room on Park Avenue almost every time. Sometimes just to shop their great selection of wine,s from highly-rated budget bottles to classics from all over the world. Other times to enjoy the atmosphere while indulging in some of their wine-friendly menu selections, and sampling the many choices from their Enomatic wine dispensers which allow their guests to try a small taste, or enjoy a full glass, of many different carefully-selected wines.

A fabulous place!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I love the concept of being able to try out various types of wines, of which the Wine Room has a huge selection to offer in all price ranges (from inexpensive bottles under $10 to the very pricey ones). In addition to wine, you can select cheese plates and cold cuts to accompany the vino! The owner is always around and is only too happy to provide direction and instruction on the various wines offered.

There are comfortable leather couches and sofas laid out throughout, as well as a bar and tall-boy tables throughout... and the bottles line up the walls of the place. The atmosphere is relatively quiet, and rather pleasant. This is a great place to visit with friends!!!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I live in Orlando and went for the first time and it was amazing. Great ambiance,,,,non smoking,,,already planning our next visit.