“One of Best for local BBQ”
Review of Woody’s Bar-B-Q

Woody’s Bar-B-Q
Ranked #98 of 206 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: Barbecue
Bartow, Florida
“One of Best for local BBQ”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Meant to stop for long time - pass the restaurant/shop center when go to Winter Haven on way to other places. Made it today. Very enjoyable. Husband had 1/2 rack baby back ribs (lunchtime) and the beans and slaw and unsweet tea. I had the Wet Woody - which was tasty, but for me a mistake! I can handle BBQ meat of various kinds without sauce and add a little taste - the "wet" is good when I eat it, but that comes back to "bite me" (old age setting in on my digestion!) - french fries crinkle cut good, slaw tasty (I like the lite mayo kind which this was - chopped with just enough mayo) and I had sweet tea. Husband commented, that he used to like Chilis ribs, but they been letting him down, these were improvement over Chilis these days! He did say they could have been little bigger - maybe at nite-time they are. Next time I may try the other varieties of BBQ (not wet) - or even the "big burger" - all sounds worth a try. I keep seeing their "buy one, get 1/2 off on one after 3pm" coupons, may go back after 3 and do that. Cost was about what we've come to expect "going out" in central Florida ...about $21 for the food/drink then add tip. Came out about same as Jimbo's in Lakeland - slaw just a little better here.

• Visited April 2012

Clearwater, Florida
“Yum”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Great service...good food, reasonable. Good quantity of food. Southern sides.

Visited March 2012
Winter Haven, Florida, United States
“WOW for sure”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

One of my favorite foods is bar b que and Woodys is worth the visit.

Visited March 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“hits the spot for BBQ”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

fast services, great food, family friendly, casual

Visited January 2012
winterhave,.fl.
“Average BBQ and poor service”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Our group went one sunday for lunch and waited over 2 hrs to get our food.No one cared that we had to wait so long,no one appoligised,and no discounts were given.I'll never ever eat there again.

1 Thank redandblack80