“Don't go out of your way ....” 2 of 5 bubbles

Banana Boat
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Winter Haven
Cuisines: Fast Food
Lake Wales, Fl
“Don't go out of your way ....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The bananna boat is a local hangout. If you live close by, it will work. If you are not from the area, it could be very easy to get into a rough area you might not desire. I am from the area and I try to be mindful of the surroundings. I must say, I have always receved good ice creme when I stop on the way to my office.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Winter Haven, Florida
“Best ice cream in Winter Haven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just a little hole in the wall with few tables and umbrellas outside. Walk up to window and enjoy the best real cream ice cream. They sell sandwiches and drinks but the chocolate soft served ice cream is my all time favorite. Guilt? No way...they sell a little bitty ice cream cone...I'm sure it's intended for little ones but...I can eat the tiny one every day. And it is only 53 cents. Closed on Sundays.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sue M
winter haven
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hometown favorite!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have been going to banana boat since i was a child and i love this place!
Pete and Rose are great! If you are in winter haven check this place out.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“This is THE PLACE to get a great burger and the Best ice cream in Florida!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I go to Banana Boat at least once a week for dinner and desert. I drove by for years, not thinking much of it because they spend ask their money on the product (fresh ground beef, vegetables, real ice cream, real whipped cream, amazing toppings that haven't been watered down, yummy maple bacon for their amazing grilled cheese sandwiches) instead of advertising. The prices are ridiculous,.they are stuck in 1985! I get a cheese burger (with 2 burgers equaling 1/4 lb and lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles,) my two boys, ages 9&6 get hot dogs or, corn dogs and if they are really really hungry they try to tackle a burger too. We get drinks (they have pink lemonade, lemonade, fruit punch, tea and a variety of canned soda) and fries, (with the skin, yum! ) then after we're full of real food we get ice cream. I order a small sundae bc it's a big as a large anywhere else which they pile whipped cream on and they don't scrimp on caramel either! My youngest gets a cone and my oldest gets a 3 flavored sno cone (it's huge too, he can hardly finish it) and yes,.i said "flavored" not colored bc the flavors actually taste like they are supposed to taste! No colored water here! Now, for the best part....all that and the total (of we all get burgers) is about $13.00! What? Yes! It's cheaper if they get hot dogs... But that's the most I've paid there for the 3 of us. Only 2 things I don't like, they close at 7pm and they are closed Sunday. If I didn't live so close, I'd make the drive anyway! Go there and you'll be totally hooked. Don't expect to sit inside,.bc there is no inside. Just a few picnic tables with umbrellas. And call ahead if you want a burger after 6 bc they only use fresh, so if it's busy they run out. You will not be disappointed! They have shakes, malts, waffle cones, sandwiches, classic classic American fare. Just leave some for me!

4 Thank ZaTremommy