All reviews new management the entire staff large pool beds were comfortable bagels lego land hurricane
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

I would given this place NO stars if I could. It was the filthiest room I have EVER stayed in! The floors made your socks black just from walking into the door across to the other side of the room. The air in the room was very humid, and even the bed sheets were still moist. The beds weren’t completely made; pillows were strewn across both beds with no pillow cases. There were not enough towels in the room for a family of four. The bathroom vent was very dusty and did not work. The bathroom door did not shut all the way. The only positive aspect of staying here was the pool area; the pool and deck were well kept. My family only stayed here because of the price and distance from Legoland when we decided to stay an extra night to revisit the park one last time before traveling 11 hours back to our home state. We will make sure to reserve an extra night in the Legoland Beach Retreat resort when we come back to the park. I do NOT recommend this lodging to any family, especially if you have children along for the trip.

The attached photo is an originally WHITE washcloth that was used to wipe over the entire floor of the room more than 5 times with soap and water, with rinses in between!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

We needed a place to stay near the hospital and weren’t sure how long we would be there. They also had a military discount, pool, light breakfast. Had asked to extend and were treated very professionally and courteously. Highly recommend for a nice get away and close to Legoland. In our case convenient to the hospital.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2019

The room I was first sent t was in an area where others were just milling about hanging out in their doorways sitting in groups outside their doors, and walkways. They were nice enough to move me, Next room deadbolt did not work and the lock inbetween the rooms was hanging off. I had them come and fix it and they said they have been too busy to fix the locks in the hotel as the rooms are always occupied. I asked for a glass as there were none in the room and they gave me a plastic disposable cup. There were people having a screaming match in the parking lot and other people sitting on the curb. The staff is very friendly and nice that is the best part as well as the lobby is lovely and yet deceiving because the rooms are old and I would not take off my shoes to walk on the floors, Furniture looks like it came from a closeout center 20 years ago. I slept with the chair barricading the door as I did not feel safe.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2019

I was Impressed by the Grounds and the Desk Attendant Deborah, The Manager Rick and The Associate U Pen. The Rooms Needed more Attention from the cleaning and Maintenance workers and the Breakfast was Inadequate. If Winter Haven had had a Drury INN we would have Checked Out After our First Night But we were given a Better Room and Endured . Thanks to the Kindness of Deborah and U Pen

Room tip: Check the Room assigned Before Actually Checking In if it is Not Satisfactory Ask for an Upgrade
Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Winter Haven G, General Manager at Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Our focus is always to provide Wow Experiences to our guests We are glad to hear our team did respond to your needs and gave you a better room.

We are constantly upgrading our rooms to ensure value and quality for our guests, We have recently added a fitness Center for our guests.

We look forward to being of service to you soon again.

Thank you for choosing Winter Haven Gardens Inn.

Reviewed February 24, 2019

Grout cracked all around tub, floor grout dirty in room and poor patch job around doors, door dented in around lock, and room needs to be painted, Had same rating as Hampton Inn but no comparison. Breakfast gave you a choice of small apples, yogurt, 2 cold cereals, and waffles. We ate elsewhere. The outside landscaping was much nicer than the rooms.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Winter Haven G, General Manager at Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

We are extremely sorry for your experience and apologize for this, we take guest feedback extremely seriously our maintenance teams and housekeeping teams are working on the room issues, we constantly work on upgrades to create a great guest experiences for guest, Our focus is on value and quality for our guests.

I hope you will give us a second chance.We look forward to serving you soon again soon.

Thank you for choosing Winter haven Gardens Inn.