“never again”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“never again”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The pictures are deceiving! The room was disgusting; mold in the shower area and the towels were dingy. No coffee maker in the room and the refrigerator needed defrosting.

I would not recommend this establishment to anyone.

Room Tip: Check out the room in person before you book it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
WinterHavenSuites1, Manager at Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
I am very sorry that you had an unsatisfying experience at Winter Haven Suites. I invite you to call me, so I can find out more information to investigate the problems you have described. I checked the guest complaint log and was unable to find any information about a moldy shower. I will definitely have my house inspector be on the look out for any such problem in the future. Once again you have my apologies and feel free to call about this issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel is a bargain but the quality is high. I shopped around Winter Have and the places that are cheaper, by a few buck are very small and undesirable for most travelers. This is a big hotel with hundreds of rooms, and plenty of amenities. They have a great pool garden, restaurant and location is great. You could pay more in Winter Haven and get way less.
Plus the service and atmosphere is so pleasant. I think of myself as a savvy traveler and I come through here every 3 months for my real estate business. I know a good deal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center. We appreciate your kind review and look forward to your next visit.
Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I don't thrive on giving negative reviews and I was reluctant to rate this poor because the staff is so friendly, but the hotel itself is not somewhere I plan on staying again regardless. Where to start..We couldn't close our bathroom door all the way, the shower just kind of dripped, the toilet almost seemed like it was going to overflow every time it was used, the floors were dirty (I mean stained, gross, don't let your kids play on the floor dirty), there were no bedspreads on the beds, no extra towels, no extra pillows, no coffeemaker in the room, our refrigerator wasn't cold and the freezer part was a huge block of ice, there was mold (which I'm allergic to) on the walls & ceiling in the bathroom. On the up side..some of the furnishings looked fairly new, the bed was pretty comfy and again, the staff was friendly. Yes, it is a cheap rate, but I think next time I'll pay an extra $10 or $20 for somewhere a little nicer.
We didn't eat at the restaurant. Decided to go next door to Manny's Chop House, which was awesome! Can't wait to go back there!
So, I guess if you're only passing through and/or are on a limited budget, don't need amenities or extras, you might consider this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
WinterHavenSuites1, Manager at Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We are very sorry to learn that you had an unsatisfying experience with one of our rooms. I invite you to call me personally. We certainly hope you will give us a try again. During the time of your stay, we were at capacity. When that happens it is possible for a non standard room to get in the mix. I checked the complaint log, and did not identify your room right off, but will look into it further.
We do know that all the rooms are super clean, but there are some stains in a few carpets. This is no excuse, however. The bottom line is that we don't settle just for clean, but that you be comfortable. If you and your family felt uncomfortable, that is enough for me. Please take a minute to give me follow up and let me know the room in question,so I can investigate it on my end.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I got a 10% AAA discount on a $69 rate. The room was fabulous, really clean, and the bedding looked new. Why would anyone pay $100.+. in Winter Haven for a room. Heck with the savings. I walked across the parking lot to Manny’s Chop House and had a fantastic meal and enjoyed the buffet in the Cypress restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
WinterHavenSuites1, Manager at Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the winter Haven Suites and Conference Center. We pride our self on the value that we provide our customers, and we look forward to your next visit.
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I am staying here while waiting for my home to close. It is furnished, has a fridge and they will let you use a microwave. It is close to downtown and other place of interest. The rates are fantastic online. The from desk did not quote me the rate I got online.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2013

It was a pleasure staying at this hotel, especially for the price we paid.
The staff were mostly courteous and the environment was family friendly.
The restaurant was very inexpensive actually cheaper than anyone of the other establishments and the food was delicious.
Some of the outer roadways need upgrading but the place is clean..there is a nice little cozy bar and the prices were good..
We got our money's worth at this hotel...

• Stayed December 2013
Glendale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I totally enjoyed my stay here, even if it was only for one night. Front desk staff was very friendly, helpful and organized! The room was immaculate, quiet and comfortable. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends