“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center

Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Florida
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I don't thrive on giving negative reviews and I was reluctant to rate this poor because the staff is so friendly, but the hotel itself is not somewhere I plan on staying again regardless. Where to start..We couldn't close our bathroom door all the way, the shower just kind of dripped, the toilet almost seemed like it was going to overflow every time it was used, the floors were dirty (I mean stained, gross, don't let your kids play on the floor dirty), there were no bedspreads on the beds, no extra towels, no extra pillows, no coffeemaker in the room, our refrigerator wasn't cold and the freezer part was a huge block of ice, there was mold (which I'm allergic to) on the walls & ceiling in the bathroom. On the up side..some of the furnishings looked fairly new, the bed was pretty comfy and again, the staff was friendly. Yes, it is a cheap rate, but I think next time I'll pay an extra $10 or $20 for somewhere a little nicer.
We didn't eat at the restaurant. Decided to go next door to Manny's Chop House, which was awesome! Can't wait to go back there!
So, I guess if you're only passing through and/or are on a limited budget, don't need amenities or extras, you might consider this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WinterHavenSuites1, Manager at Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We are very sorry to learn that you had an unsatisfying experience with one of our rooms. I invite you to call me personally. We certainly hope you will give us a try again. During the time of your stay, we were at capacity. When that happens it is possible for a non standard room to get in the mix. I checked the complaint log, and did not identify your room right off, but will look into it further.
We do know that all the rooms are super clean, but there are some stains in a few carpets. This is no excuse, however. The bottom line is that we don't settle just for clean, but that you be comfortable. If you and your family felt uncomfortable, that is enough for me. Please take a minute to give me follow up and let me know the room in question,so I can investigate it on my end.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I got a 10% AAA discount on a $69 rate. The room was fabulous, really clean, and the bedding looked new. Why would anyone pay $100.+. in Winter Haven for a room. Heck with the savings. I walked across the parking lot to Manny’s Chop House and had a fantastic meal and enjoyed the buffet in the Cypress restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WinterHavenSuites1, Manager at Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the winter Haven Suites and Conference Center. We pride our self on the value that we provide our customers, and we look forward to your next visit.
Winter Haven, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I am staying here while waiting for my home to close. It is furnished, has a fridge and they will let you use a microwave. It is close to downtown and other place of interest. The rates are fantastic online. The from desk did not quote me the rate I got online.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

It was a pleasure staying at this hotel, especially for the price we paid.
The staff were mostly courteous and the environment was family friendly.
The restaurant was very inexpensive actually cheaper than anyone of the other establishments and the food was delicious.
Some of the outer roadways need upgrading but the place is clean..there is a nice little cozy bar and the prices were good..
We got our money's worth at this hotel...

• Stayed December 2013
Glendale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I totally enjoyed my stay here, even if it was only for one night. Front desk staff was very friendly, helpful and organized! The room was immaculate, quiet and comfortable. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have been here before, but not recently. There is now a new owner. The food was very good plentiful. We had a breakfast we thoroughly enjoyed. The staff was very friendly. We are local & will go back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My family had a wonderful stay here. The rooms were affordable and clean. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. Seems the new owners are working hard to upgrade the facility. Overall the stay was well worth the price,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family