“So worth the visit!!!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“So worth the visit!!!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Harry's has been on our "to visit" list for the past three years of central Florida vacations, and we finally made it for lunch on 4/18/13. Everything we had was great. Seafood chowder wad excellent and our 7 year old just about inhaled it. Blackened grouped reuben (who'd have guessed?) was super tasty as was fish tacos and fried shrimp. Don't think that a seafood place can't execute a great burger, either. It was awesome.
The owner went out of his way to ask our kids names when we got there and called them by name which was a nice touch, and left them wondering how he knew their names!!
Harry's will be a regular stop now for sure!!!!

Winter Haven, Florida, United States
“BEST in town”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We live in Winter Haven and have been there many times, love to take out of town visitors and family there. We have NEVER had a bad meal, and we have eaten steaks to seafood to the best french onion soup you have ever had. The staff is friendly & knowledgeable, and every time we have been there, you will see the owner himself, busing tables, delivering your food, and chatting with the guests. The food and service at this restaurant cannot be beat! ....especially bye the HARBORSIDE, where we had a terrible dinner and not one ounce of kindness by the restaurant to make up for it in ANY way....don't waste your time there!

Lakeland, Florida
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I ate at harry's this evening and everything was very good. Started off with "Duck Fingers"...never had them before but they were good. I am assuming it is duck with a sauce. Then came the fish and chips...Again, very good, nice flaky fish and not greasy at all.
We will be back again.

Kissimmee, Florida
“No reservations but worth the wait!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This restaurant is located in Winter Haven about three miles from Legoland. We arrived about six to find a 45 minute wait that turned into an hour. It was OK because they allow you to grab an adult beverage and relax and one of the many benches on the wrap around front porch. You can't really wait in the bar because it is a counter with four (yes count them) seats and 2 two seat-er tables (beer and wine only) The restaurant it self is two sections split by the bar. The front section is about twenty tables. The back section is a cozy little ten table set up overlooking Lake Ned (Really). We were lucky enough to be seated by the window there and were treated to a wonderful view of the sunset on the lake as we dined.

We tried the duck fingers as our appetizer. You just don't see duck anymore. I was bit worried it was going to be gamy or dry but it was perfect. Moist and tender duck breast strips in a light panko and cashew breading. The dipping sauce was soooo good. Followed by fried shrimp and mixed veggies. The shrimp were served butterflied and were huge. I think it was the tastiest and freshest shrimp I have had since I moved to Florida. The vegetables were served in a delicious butter sauce and were done to perfection. They do about 10 to 12 seafood dishes at any given time served any way you like it. They also have steaks and a few sandwiches.
The service was spot on and we watched the owners do everything from talk with the guests, to serve the guests, and then clear the tables all evening long. The place runs like a well oiled machine and feels like family. This was my first visit and it felt like my tenth. If they had a hundred tables, you would probably still wait an hour for a seat.

Bottom line: Great food, Great service, Friendly staff, Large Portions, and Good Prices. This one is a home run!!

Winter Haven, Florida, United States
“Our 'Go To' Fave”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Harry's Old Place is the home of some of the finest seafood in the area. For years I would watch my husband consistently order beef while I ate fish. I finally joined him and ordered a filet one Saturday and I must say it was the best filet mignon I have ever eaten. Cooked to my personal likes it was perfection. I have since eaten their filet many times and love their seafood. Their "Harry's in a Bag"is a Pecan crusted baked fish that melts in your mouth. All of their salad dressings are made fresh daily and taste divine. My personal fav is the Blue Cheese from their own 'secret' recipe...cuz I've asked.. !!!! Celebrate your next special occasion at Harry's or just make it a priority to visit....

Visited April 2013