“Local restaurant”
Review of Harry's Old Place

Harry's Old Place
Ranked #2 of 208 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sun City Center, Florida
“Local restaurant”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Prices high, portions small (fried clams). Service OK.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank hobrien100

Lakeland, Florida
“Good food - great service!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I are always looking for new places to visit and enjoy. Sort of an irony given the name is Harry's Old Place. But we had heard great things about it and so off we went.

We didn't wait too long for a table and soon enough we were enjoying some appetizers. All of the food was wonderful and worthy of high praise, but it was the service that really made the experience special. This was our first visit - it will not be our last!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank JWils0n
De Soto, Missouri
“Pleasently Surprised!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

We were in the area visiting Legoland on a whim and we needed a place to eat, so I found this place on tripadvisor. It was the top rated restaurant in Winter Haven, so we decided to try it. When we pulled up I got VERY nervous! It's not much to look at, but the inside was much better. Very clean and good lighting. The decorations were very interesting. :) The staff was very friendly and attentive. My 2yo son was fussy after a busy day and the staff immediately showed me where I could take him to the lake while we waited for our food and brought him a bag of Goldfish crackers. The atmosphere was very relaxed. They offer fresh seafood and the menu changes daily because of this. We got the 3-way shrimp with Heavenly Sauce and it was wonderful! The prices were excellent, especially for such good food. It cost us $77 (Not including the tip) for 2 3-way shrimp dinners, 4 kids shrimp dinners, 2 sodas, and Gator Bites for the appetizer.

Winter Haven
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disparity in serving sizes”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Atmosphere in this seafood restaurant is rusty and great. Service is good. Very attentive. Only thing that disappointed me after having a good meal and I was leaving I saw the same dish, steak and shrimp, being brought out to another customer which had more shrimp and smaller steak while mine had less shrimp with larger steak with tough gristles. I'd prefer more shrimp like the one served to other customer. Seeing that I was disappointed and it is enough for me to write this review which I normally do not. It is too bad that a good restaurant doesn't have a good portion control, equal to every order.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank hikir
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great fish!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Sampled the outside "fish and fries" - great taste and great price. Huge piece of fish. Can't wait to dine inside next time.

Visited October 2011