“Diamond in the rough”

Dimaggio's Pizzeria
Ranked #32 of 214 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Pizza pasta and more!! Buon Appetito.
Reviewed April 30, 2011

This place was amazing. I live in Lakeland and I am spoiled with palace pizza, but I tried this place one day on my way to class. I firmly believe it may be better than palace pizza. They dont overload you with ingredients, it's just the right amount, and they're really cheap, $12 for a large 1 topping!!

3  Thank Sexydavyjones

Reviewed December 19, 2010

Only two things prevented this place from getting a 5. First of all, let me say that it's easily the best pizza in Winter Haven, hands down. However, when I went for lunch last week, I had to wait almost 20 minutes for my 2 slices, during the busiest part of lunch when they should've had tons of pizza ready, and WORST of all, I watched the guy making the pizzas handle cash and go straight back to making pizzas. UGH!!! The funny thing was that the first time he took cash, he washed his hands since SO MANY people were watching and waiting. But the second time, he must've forgotten how many people were watching and just went back to his pizza-making. As a result, I will NOT go back, which makes me sad because the pizza was SO GOOD!

3  Thank Chrissytank
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Stopped at Dimaggio's twice while in Winter Haven, everything I had was great! The Sicilian pizza was fantastic and big enough to feed 4-5 people! A cheese sicilian is $11.25! Would easily spend $18-$20 in the northeast for this! It was a short walk from my hotel but the second time I went I drove because I knew I would be too full to walk back! Will definetely be going to Dimaggio's the next time I'm in Winter Haven!!!

1  Thank jds1978
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I've had the best pizza Little Italy on Manhattan Island has to offer, and I can say with no amount of exaggeration that this place rivals them. In every regard except one: the price. I probably shouldn't say this, but they ought to charge twice as much as they do for what you get. The large doesn't really even fit in the box.

As a purist, the true quality of a pizza comes down to three things for me: the cheese, the sauce, the crust.

The cheese is perfect, and there's tons of it. The sauce is rich and not too sweet. The crust, well I believe he's smuggling in nyc tap water. And it's cooked perfectly in their ovens. If you could happily sit and just gnaw on their crust with nothing on it, and I do, that's good bread.

Give them your business. You won't regret it.

2  Thank CFerence
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Best pizza in town! And, very reasonable! Thin crust, gooey cheese. Just wonderful! Real New York pizza!

1  Thank cctransport