“Great Ice Cream”

Andy's Driven In Restaurant and Igloo
Ranked #5 of 239 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

The best milkshakes hands down! Just like the good ole days but with more flavors! The prices are very reasonable!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Ate breakfast here today. Hubby had 3 pancakes that were light and very fluffy. Bacon done perfectly. I had eggs, hash browns and an English muffin. Everything was really good. Best pancakes ! Great service as always.
Only 4 stars because we always forget this place is CASH ONLY. But the ATM was right in the diner. This is our favorite GO TO when we r looking for an inexpensive meal.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 16, 2019

Worst food poisoning ever when I visited in September. I took a few bites of the chicken and when I complained about it (spit out third bite) I was told, "Oh, sometimes the chicken is old and tastes weird." What?! Then I had really bad food poisoning. Not the first time after eating Andy's Igloo food, but definitely the last. The servers approach you at the rate of about one per minute asking if you've been helped. So, I guess they don't assign tables to specific servers. Strange.... Also, I guess they don't take credit or debit cards. Odd way to run a business.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

We got burgers and fries, followed by ice cream. The burgers were good, nothing phenomenal. Fries were OK, crinkle cut. It was crowded, but most good restaraunts around this area are. The ice cream was fantastic. If I go back, I'm only getting ice cream. There were several employees walking around the dining room and one who was cashiering. I'm assuming the cashier was a manager, as he was telling people what to do. When we first arrived, two of the waitresses were bickering with each other. One was claiming the other was being over dramatic, the other something about being too close to her. Not sure of the details, I thought it was unprofessional and childish. As we sat, several employees asked us if we ordered yet or if we were ready to order. We ordered, then several more employees came by and asked us if we ordered already. While waiting for the burgers, there was another disagreement between the manager and another waitress which resulted in the waitress crying and going outside. We received our food and while eating, some patrons arrived. The manager told one of the waitresses to tend to the newly arrived patrons and the waitress responded with a snide "You're acting like I'm the only one on the floor." She tended to the patrons. Several of the staff asked us if we needed anything and if everything was OK. There was another disagreement between wait staff, but I didn't want to pay attention because, well, enough is enough. Just work and get along with your coworkers. After ordering our ice cream to go (I didn't want to overhear anymore bickering), we paid and left. Overall, the wait staff approached our table an estimated 15 times. We were TV there about 20 minutes. I appreciate the attentiveness, but I only felt sincerity from the manager and one waitress, who seemed like the only grown up working that day. They were the only 2 that smiled, but in my opinion, if your job is to walk around the dining room and ask every table if they need anything for hours, I suppose your job can get mundane and aggravating.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Carol03865
Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

Great food in an old fashioned atmosphere. Must try the bacon cheeseburger and the banana split. Looking forward to going back for breakfast on our next trip to Winter Haven

Date of visit: February 2019