“Awesome food! ”

Pappy's Grill
Ranked #98 of 214 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Best, Biggest Blueberry Pancake ever!!!!! Great place to sit and watch the airplanes. My bacon was thick and crispy. The grits had flavor!! I highly recommend the homemade sausage bacon gravy and pressed Cuban

1  Thank Flchowchow

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place has great service, great prices and excellent food. The kids love watching the planes. It's a must try !

1  Thank angelabrownlow
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family had breakfast here and the food was ok. My niece loved watching the planes! Some of the prices are average except that it cost a little over $7 for a bowl of grits, 2 slices of bacon, and a drink for my 6 year old niece; a little pricey for that but I had scrambled eggs, 2 slices of bacon, fried potatoes, toast, and a drink for $7.17!

1  Thank adawn96055
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The restaurant is inside the small municipal airport. I mean small, you park right outside and walk right into the restaurant. I had the "Slop Bucket." Fried potatoes, ground sausage, garlic, sauteed onions and a ton of cheese. It was really good. I am a big guy, with a big appetite, and it was too much for me. There's probably an ATM nearby, but you won't need it becaue the prices are extremely reasonable.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I tried out Pappy's after years of experience with the owner's catering. It's in the new terminal building at Gilbert Field -- the airport in Winter Haven.

Large portions, great taste, all the good stuff. The restaurant did not disappoint. We got there close to closing (2PM) so the place was deserted, detracting somewhat from the ambience, but the food and service made up for it. I had a small bowl of delicious New England - style clam chowder, followed by a giant Philly-Cheesesteak - style sandwich. It was made with smoked beef, so the flavor was a little different, but excellent. I could only eat half of it, so am eagerly anticipating the remainder for lunch today.

Breakfast is reputed to be awesome.

Outdoor seating is available on the patio, with a view of the airport This would be a great place to fly to for the $100 hamburger. Parking avilable a few feet from the door, but no tiedowns.