“IamaHiddenTreasure”

Cuisines: Italian
Description: Home Made Pasta Dishes, Gluten Free Pasta
Description: Home Made Pasta Dishes, Gluten Free Pasta
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is NOT your average stripmall restaurant. The folks that own this cafe REALLY care both about your experience AND the food your are served. What sets this establishment apart is the CHOICE you have of what kind of FRESH-MADE (yes, you saw it correctly) pasta you want with your meal. My wife was minimally acquainted with this establishment as she just happened to be in the stripmall and wanted something to eat. She described her previous experience as unexpectedly nice...so my expecations when we visted together were higher than normal.

The cafe is setup as a long box with a dividing wall (with entrance) on the long middle axis. The left side has the order counter and smaller seating arrangements. The right side is wooden booths with an stage area to the rear and minimal (though tasteful) decorations. We were greeted by the owners as we entered the door and were actually engaged in a short conversation about how we came to be there and our interests (Note: Not nosey..just friendly banter). The menu is moderate with mostly pasta dishes (duh-oh!) and typical italian fare for appetizers.

We ordered the lasagna and the shrimp. The shrimp dish was normally paired wtih regular spaghetti pasta noodles. My wife asked the owner if she could get whole wheat angel hair pasta with the dish. The owner was most gracious and made sure she was comfortable with the choices before writing up the order. My lasagna order had few options but the owner was willing to make a new batch if I really wanted wheat noodles. (Nice offer but was hungry.)

The main quandry for me when I go out for food is that it seems everything tastes like it is out of a can or the result of a mass processing plant.

My first impression of the presented dish was--"That's all I get?"...BUT....My first bite of the presented dish was "This is too much to eat!"

The food was ABSOLUTELY indistinguishable from my family's home made Italian dishes (except it tasted better :)
The chef makes the pasta fresh daily and cooks it only when ordered. The sauces are flavorful and colorful to the eye and nose as they truly compliment the chosen meat.

We happened to arrive on the same night as karaoke which is staged in the rear of the wooden bench side of the cafe. There is mixed singing and trivia by table for prizes...so fun is guaranteed as long as you bring a positive attitude and play fair.

I know this place is not well known but hope this review helps bring them more business.
These owners care and are wiling to take the time to get to know their customers and their dishes well.

2  Thank TTBandit