“Terrible, got sick from the mold!!!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Terrible, got sick from the mold!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I normally don't take the time to write reviews, let alone bad ones, but I'm still recovering from a fever! We stayed here on a trip to Legoland and first I must say, you get what you pay for. With that being said I wasn't expecting 4 star accommodations but when we opened the door to our room a foul stench filled the air. The carpets were filthy and damp ( mildew) and the ac unit smelled (mold). We checked out the beds to make sure no signs of bed bugs and they seemed fine, but when we opened the oven there were old stale chicken nuggets from the previous guests (who knows how long ago) so the cleaning crew obviously don't do a thorough job. I live in Florida and see roaches all the time but you don't expect to see them crawling around your hotel when you're on vacation. We only stayed 2 nights and the 2nd night was when I noticed I couldn't breathe right and had trouble sleeping. .that very next day I had a terrible migraine that lasted for hours and hours, and I don't get migraines mind you, and my temperature shot up to 102 degrees! I got an infection from breathing in the mold and couldn't enjoy the rest of our trip..thanks alot Roach house and Inn! They need to be condemned

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Bosslady89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The employees are super nice but the needs are so old that the box springs were falling apart and so dirty they were black and the mattress on both beds had Springs popping up in our backs. The carpet was so dirty we had to wear shoes even after shower cause it was so dirty ur feet turned black. The toilet had pee on it and on floor around it. I asked for maid to come clean again and the kitchen was just as dirty. It was just a gross dirty place so dirty that we didn't stay our other 2 nights. But as I said the people's that run the place are very nice and felt bad it was in the shape it's in. The pool was kept clean if that helps any. The only way we will ever stay there is if everything is redone and replaced.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank suszanne

Travelers are raving about these Winter Haven hotels

Jacksonville FL
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I grew up in Winter Haven, and went to high school with the sons of one of the former owners, so I remember the Ranch House back in it's heyday - the putt putt golf course, the mushroom at Lake Ina, the crazy curvy-ness of Cypress Gardens Blvd. To return to attend to family business and wind up staying there was a throwback, for sure. I wasn't sure what to expect, as the price was half of a nearby motel that boasts waterfront but gets iffy reviews on the accomodations. I chose the Ranch House and was very pleased for my two night stay. Sandy and Kim and the rest of the staff were wonderful from the time I made the reservation over the phone until late check out. The room was clean and comfortable: cold AC, hot shower with great water pressure, firm bed, mini fridge, micro and coffee pot on request. We asked for extra towels and pillows and were quickly accomodated. That said, this is not a chain hotel so if you prefer that scene, don't waste the staff's time and trouble. This is a no frills motel, not the Hilton. It's wonderfully simple which won't please those who are used to fine digs, so be honest with yourself and your expectations. Yes, it could use some updating, but if you want a clean comfortable room at a reasonable price, you should be pleased with a short stay at the Ranch House!.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Curepipe
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Spent two nights at Ranch Inn and Suits. Was really pleased with the facilities and services we had there. It is a real value for money, very close to Legoland, which was the main purpose of our stay there.

Room Tip: Go for the suites, they come with a louge.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank DH969
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here after spending the day at LEGOLAND which is only a mile and half away. Place was built in 1962 but I thought it was great. Lots of room space with a full kitchen. Yes the fixtures were dated but it was clean. Reminded me of the older motels/hotels my parents would take us to stay in the '70s. Price was reasonable plus they gave us free breakfast vouchers for the IHOP next door. I would stay again at this location.

3 Thank C c
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed overnight so we could be at Legoland early in the morning. My husband and I had one room, son and granddaughter in another. Both rooms were super clean, very very comfortable mattress, and easy to adjust climate control.The wi-fi is a solid connection. I watched a movie on Netflix no problem. The desk clerk was very helpful in guiding us to a restaurant to celebrate my son's birthday. She even called the restaurant and secured a reservation for us. Good thing, because when we got there, there was a full crowd waiting for dinner. Back to the hotel. The location is very convenient to restaurants, and of course, Legoland is right down the street. We didn't have a chance to use the heated outdoor pool, as we didn't have swimsuits with us. But next time we will. We had breakfast at the adjoining IHOP before Legoland adventures. Breakfast is discounted for hotel guests. Definitely will stay there again the next time we go to Legoland.

2 Thank Bonlyn
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed here rather than chain location to celebrate my parent's anniversary on 3/3. Read all the other traveler reviews of this location and decided to try it out. It is an older facility but has had some updating. Our room was spacious and actually had a small kitchenette with mini refrigerator, microwave and double sink, but no range. There was also a small table with two chairs. There were several items that needed maintenance to attend to, and they were completed within two hours of us reporting them, and done while we were visiting my parent's home nearby. It was a clean lower cost facility but worth the price. We would consider staying there again. Staff was very pleasant and easy to deal with.

2 Thank Richard R