“I could not believe it!!!! Nice place to stay”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Ok first I would like to say, I was very impressed with the Ranch House. We stayed the 2nd weekend in June after the kids got out of school, we had plans to go to Legoland. I seen the reviews and to be quite honest I was skeptical about staying there but I could not get a room anywhere else so yes it was a last minute decision and I was totally satisfied. The staff was very helpful and friendly, I ask if I may see the room first and she was very polite and showed me room 126, I was almost ready to panic (because of a review I seen in reference to this room), but to my surprise the room was very clean had a very pleasant smell, I then ask if I could check the mattress she said that would be find, granted it wasnt the best one but it was not the worse I have seen either, I did not see any bedbugs or evidence of there ever being any, we took the room and stayed there 3 nights. Our beds were made each morning and fresh clean towels given daily. Yes it is an older hotel but I didnt find any of the things bad about it. Legoland was only 1 mile from the motel so the 1st day we took a city bus to save on parking. The pool was perfect and the IHOP free breakfast a real treat. Thanks to the staff for making our trip a pleasant one. I dont know if they are under new management or ownership but it was not what I anticipated, Nice place to stay

Room Tip: Ask to see the room prior to paying. Do not believe all the negative reviews, see for yourself, my t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This place has BEDBUGS, at least room 126 does. how much nastier can it get than that. I am not just saying that because I was itchy all night but I saw them with my own eyes right before I checked out, I never knew what bedbugs were until I saw two little ones on the sheets and when I googled it, it turns out they are called nymph bed bugs. I WOULD GIVE IT A 0 IF I COULD IN RATING. I would pay 500 dollars a night to stay in a better hotel then this one. I would never ever recommend or stay here again. I am not picky either I have stayed in much nicer inexpensive hotels plenty of times, but bed bugs are unnaceptable.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Adriana V
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This place was nasty dirty and had roaches they didnt want to even refund our money becuase we refused to stay there i would rather sleep in my car

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank nobody09
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotels.com. I travel frequently and booked over 120 nights last year. I am fairly tolerant of hotel rooms and those who manage them, but this was the WORST place I have ever seen in my life. The nightmare started in the dingy, grimy, cluttered rental office. I was greeted by a slovenly rental agent lounging and smoking outside the door. After checking for my reservation, she handed me a dirty key (the old fashioned kind) and I went to my room. While I was checking in, two other employees came in to start their shift. One had a huge dog that wandered around the office. When I got to the room, there was one porch light about 30 feet away. I opened the door (which by the way swung outwards). The first thing I saw was a huge stain about five feet long and two feet wide on the carpet.. The stench was sickening. The lighting was poor. The windows were covered with vertical blinds which did not come together and had cigarette burns on them.The beds looked like someone had recently slept in them and just pulled the blankets back up when they left. I pulled the bedspread down and picked up one of the pillows. It smelled like BO and was dingy and disgusting. I know it had not been washed. There was no way I could stay there. I called Hotels.com and told them the situation. They called the office to cancel the reservation and the girl with the big dog said she was not authorized to cancel the first night, but I got the 2nd night cancelled. I went to another hotel, found a cheaper rate actually, and spent next hour shuddering at what had just seen and smelled. I am writing to hotels.com imploring them to take this hotel off their list. I thought I had seen the worst till now. I can still smell that horrible pillow even as I type this and the very image makes me want to retch. Anybody who runs a hotel like this deserves go out of business. I noticed a few positive reviews here and am shaking my head in disbelief. These positive reviewers are either shills for the hotel or are deaf, dumb, blind and are devoid of all olfactory sensation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I visited this economical "mom and pop" hotel, to save some money on my long trip over to Winterhaven, FL (which is a nice town, I may add). It was located very close to someone we where visiting, and decided since there was an IHOP restaurant (which was excellent) in their property, we would stay. I have nothing against anyone at this hotel, I just want to warn people of my experience, and let them judge for themselves once they arrive there.
First of all...our rooms were not cleaned nor available until after 5pm. Mind you, check out time is 11 am. Our "first available" room was a smoking room...we asked for non-smoking, but like someone thirsty in a desert...we accepted our dirty glass of water, just so we can unpack already (it was around 6pm when we finally checked in).
The A/C fan worked well, but I didn't bother leaving it on to cool the room, because I wanted to save electricity...big mistake. It didn't cool at night, only the Fan setting worked well. There were ceiling tiles missing near the bathroom, and an extra sink that didn't work half full with stagnant water (they should just remove it). We didn't want to go through the ordeal of waiting for another room in the middle of the night, which brings me to my next issue.
Rooms. They have over 30 rooms, and maybe 8 vehicles in the property, on the night we stayed. They apologized and said they had a busy weekend. I seriously doubted they had issues with availabilty. They gave us a bad room because we "got a good deal" via a online hotel reservation service. We saw many rooms available on the second floor, and yet everyone was seen to be staying only on the older, first floor section.
This is a 2 star hotel, being run like a half-star hotel. They just don't care. The owner of this place needs to wake up and see the potential business he is losing here everyday. There are a couple competing hotels within walking distance which are WAY better than this place. I did not see them available on the "travel site". Be choosy with your hotels, my friends ! Its your money, but a few dollars more would have rented us a better quality hotel nearby. I would re-name this place the Barn Inn. Never again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the second floor. Insist on everything to be working, and leave the air conditionin...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Frank D
Reviewed March 4, 2012

My son and I traveled all the way from California and they did not have our room ready and we had reservations..we stayed but 5 minutes went back to get our refund and they would not give up back our money..not only that but there was a female outside smoking pot in front of my son.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Dorothy T
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We asked for non-smoking, got a smoking room. They switched us to another room that smelled much better but it was still not very nice. It seemed clean at first glance, but the mattresses must have been as old as I am, the carpet was stained, the bedspreads were dirty and stained and nasty. The walls were so thin and the windows so old and thin that you could hear a whispered conversation outside or in the room next door. It didn't feel safe, the shower leaked through the WALL into the main room and the carpet by the bed was soaked after using the shower. There was one small bar of complimentary soap, that's it. No tissues, no ice bucket, no cups, no coffee maker, no iron or ironing board, no hangers, no shampoo, not even a pen and paper. No phone either. It was very minimally maintained, in desperate need of renovation. AND... there were cockroaches. I should have left, but they refused a refund. Absolute [--]!! Do NOT let the pictures fool you like they did me. Gross!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family