All reviews full kitchen old florida rooms are basic worked great cypress gardens legoland townhouse upgrading ihop publix
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019

I was in Winter Haven unexpectedly on business and needed a clean and safe spot for the night without blowing the budget on a Hyatt or such. TripAdvisor took me to the Roy Lake Beach Inn and I must say it certainly met all my requirements.

To be honest, this is a MOTEL, not a hotel. I'd guess it was build 50-60 years ago, and the years have not been kind. There is evidence of wear and tear in every direction. Most critically, access to the rooms is directly from the parking lot or the upstairs exterior passageways. If I were female and traveling by myself, I would view this as a security risk and select a different hotel with better security designs.

On the other hand, it worked great for me. My room was about $100, I lugged my bags up the stairs and found I had a pretty spacious room AND a great view of Roy Lake. It's not Lake Tahoe, but it's a better vista than many hotels at which I have stayed.

The rooms are basic in every way. Bed, TV, desk, bathroom, sink and so on. It all worked just fine; I slept pretty well, the shower was clean and the water pressure strong; I got up the next morning and went to work refreshed.

But the coffee maker had not been emptied and cleaned and there were no coffee cups for the morning. The floors are not carpeted which means the room is a concrete echo chamber; the a/c was somewhat noisy, chugging along intermittently all night. Also, the highway noise from Cypress Gardens Road was surprisingly loud; not sure what management could do about that.

The motel offers a free breakfast in the morning, but I didn't stick around to sample it. There's a handsome swimming pool and I saw some kids enjoying it, so that's a plus. This may be the closest motel to the new Legoland resort.

Room tip: Ask for a view of the lake; it's the best feature of the facility
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Had to get a more expensive room than what we really needed, it was nice, beds were comfy, it was lakeside. Full kitchen, older decor. Front desk very nice. Scratchy toilet paper and tissue. They gave us a piece of paper instead of a bathmat...which wasn’t very useful. Hotel prices in winter haven high...area doesn’t seem worth it.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2019

This is a traditional motel with outdoor entrances. We were on the second level which required us to climb an outdoor metal stairway. The people running the place are very nice, the motel location is very convenient to local attractions. The rooms are dated and somewhat cramped but clean and serviceable for a 1-3 night stay. We paid $100 per night (all in) which is a very good price compared to other local options, but don't expect the Hampton Inn or similar places that go for 30-50% more.

I slipped down the metal stairway that was wet with dew or rain, so suggest you take care.

Room tip: the ground floor may be wheelchair accessible, but not second floor; rooms in the back facing the water than rooms in the front.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

Recommended by friends, I stayed at Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquets in Jan. The place was very nice, clean and comfortable. Services was great. Staffs was very helpful. I had a chat with the management, they said they’re on going upgrading and renovating the place in the coming year. Can’t wait to see how it come out in this already nice place.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a beautiful area with a nice seating area for breakfast and the food wasn’t bad. The bathrooms were grungy and the bedding definitely needed upgrading. If the hotel is full there is no parking. Fine for a night or two.

Date of stay: September 2018