Lake Roy Beach Inn
$80
Hampton Inn Winter Haven(Winter Haven)
$153
$139
Hampton.com
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Winter Haven)
$75
$120
$115
HolidayInn.com
$58
All reviewsscreened in porchpotted plantsmodern hotelwalk in closetfirst floorpool areaclean poolhot breakfastnice staylego landthe breakfast areamini fridgelegolandunitstovelodginghurricane
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great little Inn on the water at a great price. If your looking for a fancy place then you better keep driving. Nice basic clean room. The staff was very cordial as we're the owners. The location is great for water sports,fishing and Lego land. Great value!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jose M
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Now that I am back from my holidays, and that I have some perspective on this experience, I would say : "I like the idea that my 20 minutes stay at that place will become an anecdote for the rest of my life."

But seriously, run away while you can from this place !
This place is simply located next a 4 lanes busy road.
You don't see this on the pictures of course !

- It needs a serious refurbishment from the ground floor to the roof.
- It's more expensive than a real hotel (I've learned from my mistakes) !
- We were thrilled to check the room if we were not sharing it with others species.
- Staff, well, have a look at your host, he's fitting with the place.
- I had to call my bank card company to make an opposition on the payment as the 'host' was declining to refund even with one day penalty.
- The description on Booking.com is fooling you. Check with Google Maps / StreetView.
- I don't understand the other guests who have complained about everything but are still voting positively for this place.

My recommendation ... drive 1 mile more, Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn.
Went there and got on the spot a real hotel room for much cheaper than what I paid at the Lake Roy Inn.
Sure, you don't have the "beach", which is probably the only thing that make the place different.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric_PAQUAY
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was very pretty place to stay the view was very nice. However the pool was not clean for the 1st two days. The third it was finally clean for my son to go in but we were actually leaving at that time. The breakfast is very basic you better grab some from Denny's down the street if you want a nice hearty one. Apples, yogurt and cereal. The staff was very nice. The room could have doen with some touch up but it was good for the monies.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cessy31
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Although the place is a little dated , it has a great view of the lake and is a stones throw from Legoland. My family found the room and the pool and grounds to be very clean. The staff, especially John, were very friendly and informative. They helped us with directions, recommendations and even small things like paper plates and cups. It isn't a five star resort but it is perfect for a family getaway. I will definitely be planning on coming back. Thanks Lake Roy Beach Inn for a great weeks stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank J-roll11
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We booked a 4 days stay at this place last december. We decide to cancel as soon as we arrived at the hotel for the check-in. The owner insist to take us for a "tour" to the room,trying to make us change our mind - but,after see roaches in the room (and was just past noon!),a terrible bad smell, mold on the walls...of course we turn our back and leave-but the most amazing thing happened later when THE OWNERS,using our credit card information took more than $ 400.00 from our account- the whole stay,not just a fee !!- just because we did not cancel in advance! When you see the pictures,place and location looks ok but if you check it out the hotel,believe me,you will change your mind,specially if you traveling w/ children. What can I say about this place???
Be smart and learn w/ our mistake ! Stay away!

Room Tip: Use another hotel : Even sleep in your car can be a better option !!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family