“A nice change”
Review of The Blue Room - CLOSED

The Blue Room
Cuisines: American
Description: The Blue Room is a unique restaurant and lounge serving a New American style menu, beer, wine and spirits in a comfortable upscale atmosphere. The Blue Room is the perfect spot to gather with co-workers and friends or date night!
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were visiting family and they wanted to try The Blue Room. We loved it! Great atmosphere and food. Loved the comfy couches and the layout that gave lots of privacy. We would highly recommend this as a nice place that's different from the norm.

1  Thank FiftiesGal

Reviewed December 31, 2011

A friend of mine suggested I go to The Blue Room for an evening dinner with a vendor. It was 8 or so before we got there, and it wasn't very busy, but I first noted the sophisticted interior. I love that they have sofa areas you could simply lounge, and enjoy some wine and/or food with a group of friends. They also have more traditional tables and pub tables. The lighting was great, the bar is beautiful, and the music was jazzy and soothing.

The service was very friendly, and the tapas menu was extensive and had a huge variety of options - cheese, meats (even filet), breads, and even sweeter options. The wine list is fairly extensive, and the staff is happy to make recommendations. We ordered Brie with balsamic vinegar, salmon, and seared tuna. (The descriptions were more flowery, but I can't recall the exact names.)

We started on wine immediately, and as far as I was concerned the recos were spot on. The food arrived fairly quickly, and it was absolutely beautiful. I always appreciate a beautiful plate, and there were extra touches that showed they took the time to make the presentation pop. The food was excellent. The sauces, marinades, and toppings were the perfect counterpoint to the main ingredient. The portions are great for sharing a few dishes, and of course, the food is relatively fast, so if you think you want more, it's no big deal to order as you go. They also offer slightly larger entree-type meals. These aren't the served-on-a-platter oversized meals you get at some places, but they are more like entrees than appetizers.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this place, and I'm glad it's here. This is not the setting for Legoland visitors after a long hot day at the park, but if you want an upscale adult-oriented experience where you can try lots of delicious, inventive combinations and good wine, definitely check this out!

4  Thank FloridaTravelDr