$80
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Winter Haven)
$126
$111
HolidayInn.com
Lake Roy Beach Inn(Winter Haven)
$85
Economy Suites(Winter Haven)
$69
$55
Lake Ida Beach Resort(Winter Haven)
$75
Agoda.com
All reviewsred lobsterfront deskparking lotrestaurants within walking distancelego landvisiting legolandroom was cleanconvenient locationoutback steakhousecomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitboston marketexcellent hotelwould definitely stay here againthe breakfast areaoutdoor poolbagels
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I'm a bit confused...isn't Hampton Inn supposed to be one of the quality hotels with high standards? Our softball team stayed at this hotel over the weekend and was very disappointed. Our room smelled musty and never really cooled off. The bathroom floor looked mopped, however, the baseboards were dirty and lined with filth.
The front desk staff was nice when we checked in, however, that doesn't pertain to all front desk personnel, especially a very unprofessional Director of Sales.
Additionally, the door to our room was damaged, which we reported, and then was BLAMED for.
My husband had a very hard time sleeping due to his allergies, which were no doubt, aggrevated by the unclean room and unwashed draperies.
I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We stayed at the hotel when we were in town for a local travel ball tournament. Just by mentioning the tournament (and providing a team name) we received a reduced rate. The room was clean and the bathroom was about twice the size of the usual hotel chain bathroom (which my teenager really appreciated). The beds were the typical heavenly Hampton beds, and despite a large number of kids staying at the hotel we didn't hear them at all once we closed the room door.

The only drawback was the breakfast buffet, which was not monitored at all. It was a standard buffet - cereal, waffle maker, bagels, coffee, and one hot item (in this case sausage gravy and cold biscuits). However, many of the items were out and were not replenished at any time. There did not appear to be any employees actually monitoring and cleaning up the area.

Otherwise, the hotel was in a convenient location within walking distance to a Pizza Hut and Outback (but also to an ABC liquor next door). I'm not sure I would safely walk around after dark in the general area, but the hotel itself seemed safe. The Holiday Inn parking lot and this parking lot run together so it is hard to tell one from another.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2008

My son and I spent three nights at the Hampton while attending Indians Spring Training.

The hotel is very convenient to Chain of Lakes Park - head out the back gate in the parking lot and walk one block to the park.

Our stay was typical of Hampton Inn. No surprises - which is what we are looking for.

I always ask for a room on high floor away from the elevator. They certainly complied. The hotel is a L shaped hotel - it appears they may have added on to the hotel after it was originally built. The lone elevator is near the front desk. Our room was quite a distanced from the elevator - not an issue for us, but could be for some. The elevator is also somewhat slow.

Construction on the Holiday Inn is complete - parking was not a problem for us. However, there is limited parking near the front door. Most of the parking is to the side and behind the hotel. There is a door in the back of the hotel - however the stairs exit outside the hotel, not inside, and there is no access to the stairs from the outside. We would park near the back door, have to walk through the hallway to the lobby, then back to our room on the third floor just above the back door.

We had a room with two queen size beds. Comfortable beds, several pillows. TV had local cable. Free wired high speed internet - they had an ethernet cable in the room. Large work desk - no table. Refrigerator in the room was a plus, but no microwave.

Standard bathroom - one sink vanity inside the bathroom. Bathroom had a fan. The mirror in the bathroom did not fog up when using the shower. Nice to see.

Lobby area has several tables and chairs as well as a TV. My son and I went to the lobby to play a card game while watching basketball on TV.

The fitness center has a treadmill, elliptical, stair climber and bicycle. Business center has a free computer and printer. We used it to print our boarding passes. It was usually in use.

Breakfast was very crowded. Took pastries back to our room. Had some hot food.

With the Indians moving Spring Training to Arizona next year, I doubt I will return to Winter Haven. But if I did return, I would gladly return to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ysuindy
Reviewed November 29, 2007

I have stayed here several times in the last 2-3 years, while visiting my elderly parents nearby. The hotel is kept very nice, clean and quiet, but parking was always horrible. If you leave the hotel before dinner and try to return, you will find the few parking spots filled with the restaurant crowd, or construction equipment from the Holiday Inn (under construction in the same lot).
The last 2 times I tried to stay, (June and September) while attending funerals, I was unable to get a room - they were booked!? I find this hard to believe, as I grew up in this area, and it is NOT a big tourist mecca in the summer - most people would stay closer to Orlando, where rooms are less expensive. I believe they had rooms filled with the construction crew. I was a little 'put out' as I wanted to acquire more Hilton Reward points while down there.
I hope when the construction is completed that they will make rooms available again for travellers.
Rest assured this is the ONLY nice hotel in the WH/Lake Wales area - hopefully Holiday Inn will be kept as nice.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TxTraveller-7
Reviewed April 15, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn over a long weekend and we loved it! The lobby, corridors, and rooms were very clean, the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable, everyone enjoyed the free breakfast, and we felt very safe and secure. The hotel is easy to locate and is near a grocery store, Wal-Mart, Pizza Hut, McDonald's, Denny's, and Cypress Gardens. We didn't use the hotel's pool, which was small, because we went to the water park at Cypress Gardens.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family