“Location is very close to LegoLand”

Hampton Inn Winter Haven
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Crystal River, Florida
“Location is very close to LegoLand”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel was clean and the complimentary breakfast was very good.The only thing That I was not too happy with was that the room was a little pricey .But I guess you pay for the location. It was about a mile from LegoLand.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Joanne460

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were visiting family in Winter Haven, FL and had a lovely 3 day stay at the Hampton Inn in Winter Haven. It is situated right on Cypress Gardens Boulevard tucked behind two restaurants.

We were place in room 325 which was in the new wing towards the back. Room was furnished with two queen beds, a large screen TV, a desk, refrigerator, microwave & alarm clock. Bathroom was large and spacious with hairdryer, magnifying make-up mirror, bottled shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. Room was quiet There was a low humming of the ventilation system, but we considered that "white noise". Breakfast was typical with a good variety and the staff kept the area very clean. Plenty of room to sit - not over crowded.

We arrived early, but they had our room ready. Which was great because we were exhausted after our cruise. So we were able to nap before the family get-together. The curtains when drawn are room darkening.

There were families there for Legoland, but never a problem with noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new addition which is towards the back.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank magic_carpets
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great value! Rooms are clean and well maintained. Staff is professional and friendly. Quiet even though its on a highway! Close to Legoland without being too close or crowded. The free breakfast was better than expected.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jamx2
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2013

JP was super nice and helpful, so this review is not about service, but the signs of wear I witnessed. I had problems with not being able to enter from exterior doors and had to be re-keyed 3 times. The key never left my hand, so I know I didn't deactivate it. Tossed and turned all night to the clunk of the heater turning an off. Called desk and was told all of the units were like this. I did not care for my room location 119, it was tucked in the back and I was creeped out. At 5:30am the alarm in the room next to me went off and I had to call the front desk to come turn it off... couldn't go back to sleep because the housekeepers were talking so loud outside of my room. Oh and the bed was super uncomfortable. I never stray from my Hilton properties and will try the location off of the parkway next time. On a good note, breakfast was organized and clean and the lady working there was super friendly, just like the rest of the staff. Hotel rooms need to be refreshed to mirror the rest of the space.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lisa J, Manager at Hampton Inn Winter Haven, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our brand and we appreciate you bringing the maintenance issues and noise disruptions to our attention. We never want guests to have an uncomfortable night's sleep and we're reviewing your comments with our team so we can address the problem and avoid future incidents. We hope that you'll give us another chance to see our true hospitality through and through.

Kind regards,
Lisa Jennings
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I always enjoy staying at the Hampton Inn in Winter Haven, Florida. It is close to some very nice resturants...infact within walking distance. I always feel safe. The room is always clean and the staff make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert A
Seaford, Delaware
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Enjoyed our say with a very friendly staff .Felt at home .Hotel was only four miles from our familys home.It was also center to all points of interest we had in mind to visit.We always try to find a Hamton Inn on our travels because they are a good quality

Room Tip: Just a great location and and no Hwy nois .
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Raymond P
Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Nice environment, good breakfast and helpful staff. Ideally located for my business trip in Winter Haven and close to several restaurants. Third year I have stayed there and will continue to do so in future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven
Americas Best Value Inn Winter Haven
Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Winter Haven? Share your experiences!