“Very nice staff and large rooms”

Hampton Inn Winter Haven
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Reviewed December 28, 2012

A very nice Hampton with a nice and helpful staff and very large rooms. The only problem we had was the room smelled very musty and the air conditioner didn't seem to cool the room much for a hot December day. There are a few restaurants within walking distance including a
Chick Fil A. Would stay here again when visiting family.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My brother in law, a Winter Haven local, made reservations in October for a connecting handicap room (his elderly mother) traveling with us to visit for Christmas holiday. In late November he confirmed that the reservations were in place. The day before arrival I called to confirm that we had handicapped room adjoining a regular room. They assured me they had the reservation and even sent housekeeping to check that they were indeed adjoining. Yes, all was in order for the next day. When we arrived at 4:30 pm the next day, guess what? No rooms! They had rented them out and we were turned away! Really? We just couldn't believe it! But it was true! We had no rooms and ended up at the Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Don't count on your reservation being there.
1  Thank Cavu F
Lisa J, Manager at Hampton Inn Winter Haven, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I truly apologize if you went through any inconveniences with your suites while checking-in. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Kind regards,
Lisa jennings

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for the Florida senior games and was very happy with the hotel. We expected 2 queen beds but the handicapped accessible rooms have only double, so I went to the front desk to ask about it and they offered to move us or give us another rollaway. We took the rollaway bed we all slept well. Breakfasts were good, lots of options. Would definitely stay here again. Only a short drive to Legoland too.

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very acceptable. The staff was very accommodating. I had to switch rooms because certain features were not available. (no fridge). My switch was quick and relatively painless. The location of this hotel is ideal for business travelers. There are so many restaurants you will likely have difficulty choosing one!! This is my second stay at this Hilton property. I most definately will return!! :)

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel over a dozen times in the past two years as it's relatively near one of the plants for the company I work for. Clean rooms, nice staff, solid HVAC units (not always a given in this price range and very important in FL obviously), decent workout room for a midsize hotel, free warm cookies every night, etc. Lots of restaurants nearby including Red Lobster and Outback right in the parking lot. While this isn't the type of high-amenity hotel you'd probably want to spend a week at vacationing with the family, it's dependable and has all the basics covered.

Room Tip: Not a lot of King rooms here for whatever reason. If you can't get a King when booking, I'v...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at several Hampton Inn's. This one is delightful. Clean room, comfortable bed, delicious breakfast [make your own waffles] & a great free shuttle service to Legoland. Free wi-fi made the whole family happy.
The female shuttle driver was very friendly & informative. She gave great tips & recommended that we eat at Fred's Southern Kitchen. We wanted good Southern Fried Chicken & we are heading there shortly for dinner. She said the best Southern Fried Chicken was sold by a supermarket called Publix but we are going to take the restaurant option.
The staff at Hampton Inn are a little clueless but they seem to get there in the end so no complaints there either. At least they care.
Legoland, Florida is built on the site of the old Cypress Gardens. Hats off to Legoland for preserving the gardens & the Island in the Sky ride. Well done Legoland. My son had a wonderful day in the park & it was such a relief not to have to deal with the Disney crowds.
Have a chardonnay back at the Hampton Inn as I write. Life doesn't get much better.

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet as it's set back from the road.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I loved the rooms and the beds were so comfortable. The bedding was white and was clean and I wasn't worried because I knew I could see a bug if there were any (which there weren't). When I stay at a hotel I'm always leary about bugs and a bit uneasy, but not here at the Hampton. This is the only hotel I will ever stay at when coming to Winter Haven. The kids and I went to Legoland and it was right down the street. Outback Restaurant was right next door and Pasquales Pizza was across the street. It was in a safe area and the pool was heated. The complimentary breakfast was okay if you like carbs. They did have hot scrambled eggs which were nice. There was not a safe in the room, so I carried my ipad with me. The free wi-fi was fast and consistent. I was put at ease the second I walked to the front desk and was welcomed by a kind, friendly lady who was full of important information and had a cheery face. The hotel room was immaculate and my two young children were right at home. My kids just asked me to go back to that cool hotel this weekend.

Room Tip: Second floor in 224 was an awesome room with 1 king bed tucked away and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven
Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL
Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center
Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Winter Haven? Share your experiences!