“Great Steakhouse and more!”
Review of Manny's Chop House

Manny's Chop House
Ranked #6 of 214 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Came for supper at the recommendation of our hotel after a long day at Legoland . Turned out that Mondays kids eat for free so that was an added bonus! The salad was full of different things and wonderful. The steaks and prime rib were out of this world! Juicy, moist and cooked to perfection! The coconut shrimp were huge and delicious! We all shared the brownie sundae explosion! Great way to top off a meal! Excellent service and good family restaurant ! Highly recommended and great to NOT eat at the big chain restaurants were nothing tastes real !

1  Thank FMJNLuv2travel

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I arrived in Winter Haven for my monthly visit to see my mom. Every visit to WH is not complete until we go to Manny’s Chop House. This visit was different from the rest.
We did the usual call ahead and walked right into our seat, it was great. A young server greeted us and we placed our adult drink orders plus water. About 15 min later she brought us 4 adult beverages, (surprise happy hour). Well, my mom and I drink slowly, so I asked her to keep the other 2 drinks cold for us, she replied that they couldn’t do that for us…sad, because we wasted the 2 drinks, they got warm. We asked for our waters again and extra napkins too.
We placed our order for 2 rib-eye steaks, medium rare. We asked for water and extra napkins again. Our salad came out and we started enjoying it, then within 3 min the steaks came out…we weren’t ready for the steaks, so we pushed them aside and finished our salads. This is where the sad part starts.
My mom’s steak was raw…okay super rare, I think I heard it moo once (steak #1 mom) and mine was medium (steak #1 for me). No biggy, we caught the manager John, and showed him. He made no eye contact and took the steaks away. We then asked the server again for napkins and water…
John, the manager, came back 10 min later with my moms original steak cooked to a medium rare. She loved it.
A new steak came out and was placed in front of me. John said here for go, again without eye contact. This rib-eye (steak #2 for me) was grizzled and sectioned in pieces on my plate. I cut into the steak and it was like jerky, dry and flaky brown. I flagged over the young server, told her this is not medium rare, she said “Oh it looks rare”. She said she would get the manager John for me. He came over almost 15 min later because he was dealing with “other” problems. I told him that I looked forward to coming to this steakhouse all week and was saddened that steak number 2 looked worse than the first. He said again that he would take care of it, no eye contact. 15 min later steak #3 came out to me. We spent an hour and half in the restaurant until my 3rd steak got to me. I cut into the steak to make sure it was medium rare and then asked for a to-go box because we had been there so long.
Again we asked for water and napkins…
The entire evening was a big disappointment. We will not go back until they improve the quality coming out of the kitchen.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

While stopping in Winter Haven, FL, my dad and I decided to try this restaurant. We both ordered a Rib Eye steak with a salad. It was late and near their closing time. Even so, the salad was so fresh and crispy. It was just wonderful. Then, the steaks came out. They were cooked PERFECTLY, which is something I can not say about a lot of steak houses. Tender and juicy, wonderfully marbled. If I am EVER back in that town, it is for certain I will stop by Manny's Chophouse again. Oh yeah... their Key Lime Pie is the bomb!

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I've heard both good and bad about this place.. I sat at the bar. The service was excellent! Ordeded the rib-eye. way to fatty( yes I know a rib eye shoukd have some fat) and tasted as though the cook scrapped the grill and dusted the shavings on the steak.. Great salad and black beans and rice...its worth another shot and it would be because of the excellent service.

1  Thank kevin t
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I don't have a bad word to say about this meal.
It was one of the best steaks I've ever had, the service was exceptional and the atmosphere like nothing I've been to before; chaotic, electric, happy, fun, vibrant, noisy!
Great place to take kids as they can draw on the table cloths and the constant stream of amazing bread rolls and salad will make it hard to leave...go hungry!