“Extensive Menu”

Ranked #6 of 214 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Needed a place for 10 to eat in a pinch on a Friday night. Used TripAdvisor app and found Manny's. It was a good choice. Very extensive menu including steaks, seafood and sandwiches...all at a reasonable price. Endless salad bowl is a nice touch. A bit disappointed at the limit beer selection on tap, but not enough to negatively impact the meal or this rating. Service was friendly and responsive, and decor is fun.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have been to this restaurant quite a few times.The last few times we have visited we have found some changes that surprised us.
As always, the food is very good, but our servers had real attitudes and gave us a hard time when we asked for more rolls or salad. When this establishment first opened they gave all you can eat bread and salad. (Just like Red Lobster, Olive Garden, or Longhorn.) When we asked for bread, they brought us ONE piece of bread a piece and ONLY if we ordered an entree.Same with the salad, they will not give you even a BITE of salad if you do not order a complete entree. We did not know of these changes and when the bread came there were 4 and there were 5 of us. I asked the server why only 4 pieces of bread and she had a real attitude and said "because you didn't order an entree.". ( I had ordered an appetizer and a baked potato). It probably wouldn't have been so bad, but her attitude was just MEAN! Then the salad came and I was going to take a bite of my husbands salad and she said she would charge me for a whole salad. Okay...we GET IT! Management needs to put a note in the menu. So far, do you think this is a relaxing dinner experience?
Trust me...the changes we see are not good ones. The Mannys that once was, is not the same Manny's anymore. The servers seem really "pushed" in all directions, grouchy, not attentive and the last 3 times we have eaten there, they did not come back and ask us if we would like more drinks, more salad, more bread. They only removed one persons plate...and rest we stacked in our salad bowl.
While I am at it, the bathrooms have a lot of issues. The water from the bowls (sinks) had water over all over the counters and the floors. (an older lady was afraid she would slip and fall) Soap was only in one dispenser. The paper towels were sitting on the counter in water, partially wet because someone was too lazy to put them in the paper towel dispenser. I understand the mens restroom is the same. NO SOAP!!! It makes one wonder if there is soap in the kitchen.
Needless to say, I will be patronizing another restaurant that doesn't have these issues.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Note; we order to go. This is a very kid friendly place and the noise level can be LOUD...So we just go online choose what we want..then phone it in..(I like to talk to someone when I order out.) We have Outback and Longhorn and Manny's beats them both in the quality of their steaks. Good size portions too.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Where should I take visitors for dinner out?

The variety of Manny's menu and consistent good food makes it a perfect choice.
We were there last night with friends, their daughter and family. Server was excellent.

We used the call ahead seating option. Not sure that it really saved us much time because we did still wait and the group that entered before us was seated before us (they obviously hadn't done the "call ahead" option). We were not there during "happy hour" so the wait was only 15 minutes.

The table ordered ribs, steaks, chicken wings and kid's mac n cheese and there were no complaints. Very ample portions!

Good decision!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

loud, always packed, food is served in huge portions. The French onion soup is oily and extremely salty. They do make a great burger. Steak is not prime. Salad not crisp or fresh. Have given 3 tries.... would go back for the burger. I have dined at another Manny's in Avon Park and it was great not like Winter Haven location