“Cheap pricing brings strange crowd”
Review of Manny's Chop House

Manny's Chop House
Ranked #5 of 206 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Cheap pricing brings strange crowd”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

The trip was interesting. The parking lot was packed, filled with Mercedes, big country trucks and old beat up cars. The wait was 25 mins and we had called ahead and placed our name on the list. Others were quoted an hour wait. Mind you, this was on a random Tuesday night at 6pm. Warning- you will have to walk through clouds of smoke to get in the door. I've never seen so many smokers outside a restaurant.

The restaurant decor was americana eclectic. The table cloths were paper, made it easy to remember the waitress name since she wrote on it. Service was incredibly nice.

The food was priced very cheap. $15 for steak. The quality didnt seem all that
great.

Now prepare yourself for the clientele - it was much like the parking lot. There were people dressed in tanks and shorts and then people dressed up very nice. I was prepared for a nice steak house. Next time I want a $15 steak, I will stay closer to home and opt for a roadhouse.

Winter Haven, Florida, United States
“They dont care”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I just had dinner at Mannys, to say the least it was awful. Our server pie as she went by did well however, never offered a drink refil. The flies were awful! The couple at the table next to us had to protect the food as well. My husband ordered the special shrimp and sirlion he took one bite of the steak. I however, ordered the filet and stuffed shrimp. I addressed my concerns that it wasn't a filet. I was dismissed very quickly, not to their knowledge I have owned numerous steak houses and know the taste difference. It was tough as nails, no bacon, and the flavor was that of a sirlion.. The flies were told to the server by both tables and were all swinging are arms like were crazy, fearful to eat the food we asked for a doggie bag to take home to the dog. The server said she would go get the manager to address the flies, returned and stated I quote " she said it is because its raining out and there is nothing we can do about it". I know as a fact the back door was open earlier in the day when I drove by propped open. I also know as a fact they make tape to eliminate the problem which they did have. And I also know that the manager was more interested in talking to the girls up front while they leaned on the counter and laughed. Baby, if you got time to lean you got time to clean! Well, the truth is the flies were there when we arrived and it wasn't raining then. Poor management will run your establishment into the ground. I am a certified butcher and know the difference in mean, cleanliness, and a caring manager can fix 99.9% of the problems and make your guests happy....an unhappy guest will tell all there friends. God knows ours told us and we dismissed it, and gave it a shot! I guess I should have listened! Still we paid the $51 bill and fed the dog!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Cindy Clasen M
Orlando, Florida
“Great!”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We enjoyed Manny's in Haines City and even Lake Wales. We are so glad they are in Winter Haven and have found this location to be the best. The wait area is the most comfortable when we have to wait. Their call ahead seems much more organized than the other locations. The staff always tries to please and the food is always great! The fried mushrooms are the best around!

• Visited August 2012
“AMAZING!!! MUST VISIT”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We first went to Mannys in 2009 when we first went to Florida. Are first thoughts was that it was a classic American dinner with loud personality. We knew insteantly that it was good because we had to wait a hour for a table and we had to wiat outside because the place was so full. After speaking to some locals we soon realized that Mannys was special. When we returned in 2011 with more family members we knew we had to take them to show off this American gem. We have visited Mannys several times and could never fault the food or the portion sizes. The staff are out of this world. They are all so polite and happy to be there, they are very attentive and talk to you as if they have known you for years. All the staff suggest places to visit around Florida and share personal expericences when suggesting. When it was my birthday they stood me on a chair and made the whole restaurant sing happy birthday to me, the also brought out a huge ice-cream topped with candles. It is truley AMAZING!! it is well worth visiting if you are in Florida!

• Visited September 2011
London
“Uk customer”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

This place is fantastic, ate here three years ago and again last year. Food is lovely, staff very friendly and a great American welcome. Would certainly visit here again if we come back to Florida. Would recommend this restaurant, just don't mention it's your birthday as you will receive a great surprise.