“Hours changing as of 10/7/13”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fred's Southern Kitchen Winter Haven
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Hours changing as of 10/7/13”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

no more breakfast during the week until Friday through Sunday. The new week day hours open at 11. Friday breakfast buffet is now more fancy and has corn beef hash. Lots of items have been removed and waffles have been added. The new bacon has a cheaper taste then the good old Southern bacon. But for 6.99 for a senior price it is still a good breakfast for the price. If you get there before 830am coffee is free or included.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Veni H

Orlando, Florida
“Pass the salt, or any other seasonings”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Well....we drove 45 minutes to eat at Fred's because my husband wanted a good southern meal. He is from Alabama so we know good, flavorful southern cuisine.

Service was great, no complaints. However, I found the restaurant to have this dirtiness to it. Brooms and pans left out, floors were not the cleanest, the bathrooms needed attention, etc.

The food was not the worst but definitely not the best. I did enjoy the mashed potatoes, green beand and the grilled fish but that's about it. The collards and cabbage dishes needed seasoning, the chicken and ribs were very dry, the carrots and squash needed refreshing which never happened during our visit, etc.

I had a bad stomache ache when I left and I didn't eat that much. I truly believe the cooking needs work and the buffet needs to be refreshed more often.

Will we return? Not sure.

• Visited September 2013
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Enjoy great homemade traditional southern food. Great food and good service. The buffet is always well stocked and the food is hot! Be sure to try their soups!

Visited August 2013
Auburndale, Florida
“Get Your Fill”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you are from the South, hungry and don't have an aversion to typical southern fried foods, Fred's is your place to go. This is an all you can eat buffet style place. Nice salad bar with lots of choices, pretty decent dessert selection also. Main food bar is chock full of typical southern cuisines, fried pork chops, fried chicken,fish, BBQ ribs, greens, biscuits, cornbread, beans, sweet potato casserole to name a few. Service is mediocre at best, most probably from the age of wait staff. They have a Senior discount, free evening meal on your birthday. I have eaten here numerous times but typically find I prefer their breakfast buffet over the evening meal.Prices are moderate.

• Visited August 2013
“Just like momma's”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I came here after having about 3 or 4 locals reccomend the place as good for a group with great food that wouldn't break the bank. We brought a pretty good sized group with us and everyone loved it. There is something for everyone on this buffett. The food was delicious - every southern delicacy I have ever craved can be found here. The fried green tomatoes and collards were awesome and I love that they encourage you not to waste food by charging you less if you clean your plate. When I am back in town I will definetly come back to Fred's.

• Visited July 2013