“Fantastic Experience in Every Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Preston Aviation

Preston Aviation
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Open Cockpit Biplane Rides and Tailwheel Flight Instruction. WWII Boeing Stearman and Piper J3 Cub. Don a helmet and goggles and step back in time. You TOO can fly a Stearman! Rides are catered to you. Take the controls and see how gentle they fly. It's FUN! Tailwheel Flight Instruction in the Stearman and Piper J3 Cub. TW and HP Endorsements, Transition Training, Biannial Flight Reviews, Proficiency, Spin Training, or just some fun flying to enter into your log book. We are located in the Main Terminal Building at Winter Haven Airport. Tim is a certified flight instructor with over 14,000 hours, the majority in tailwheel aircraft.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Marco Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Experience in Every Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Peggy and Tim run first class operation and my entire experience was fantastic. Peggy is a wonderful hostess and went out of her way to fit me into the schedule and work around the weather so I could fly. Tim is a great instructor and I am sure that I had a grin on my face from the moment the hangar doors opened until we shut them. Flying in a Stearman is something that everyone should experience and I can't think of a better place to do that than Preston Aviation.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank WildcatDuo
2010psp, Owner at Preston Aviation, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
It was very nice to meet you. Thank you very much for the very nice review.

Joseph, Oregon
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Flight Training”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I only had an afternoon in Winter haven to get a few hours of tail wheel instruction to add an endorsement to my Private Pilots License so I spent the time with Tim and Peggy Preston in their Stearman biplane. Tim is a super instructor. I made more progress with him in 3 hours than with 2 other instructors and 4 hours elsewhere. Flying the Stearman is like going back in time, I highly recommend it for flight instrution or sightseeing. Thanks Tim and peggy for a once in a lifetime experience. see you again!

Visited February 2014
2010psp, Owner at Preston Aviation, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi Brian,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was nice meeting you. Hope to see you again one day, either in Florida or when I visit Oregon.
Peggy
Port Orange, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I enjoyed my tailwheel training with Tim Preston. He is great instructor! Customer service with Peggy was very good also. I would recommend them to any one. Thank you!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank inna b
2010psp, Owner at Preston Aviation, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you very much!! It was nice meeting you. Fly down and visit one day!
Lakeland, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Take me up.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Outstanding flight. View of landscape . Worthwhile experience. A must for anyone visiting area. View of Florida impressive and educational.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Chaplain2013
2010psp, Owner at Preston Aviation, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you. We are glad you enjoyed it!
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“The highlight of the holiday for my husband!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked a flight in the Stearman for my husband while we were on holiday in Florida. I did a similar thing for his last big birthday in the UK, and he loved it so much I thought I would repeat the experience.

We arrived a bit early, but that wasn't a problem as Tim and Peggy were ready - they are truly lovely people, and make you feel welcome and at home as soon as you arrive.

I'm not sure what happened up in the air, but my husband said this flight knocked the socks off the one he had in the UK, and Tim was great at explaining the ins and outs of flying while they were up there - particularly useful when my husband took the controls!

While he was up in the air, Peggy drove me around in a golf cart so I could film him taking off and landing, and she took loads of pictures on her camera, which she has e-mailed across to me - it really has made our holiday to Florida a very cherished memory indeed.

If you are planning on doing this as a treat for a loved one, or yourself, then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They also train would-be and existing pilots (which I think is their main line of business), and I would say that Tim would be an excellent trainer - very patient and easy going.

I can't recommend them enough!!!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank CarrieB72
2010psp, Owner at Preston Aviation, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you! It was a pleasure to meet you. We hope you continue to have great adventures!!