“Awesome”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Winter Haven, Florida
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

What an awesome hotel, from the staff to the comfortable beds. The lobby is so spacious and open and decorated with a contemporary flare. The rooms are bright in color and very clean. My husband and I had breakfast in the Cafe' Blu and was pleasantly surprised on how good it was and Leslie our server was the best. The hotel shares the parking lot with an Outback Steak House and Red Lobster and you can walk to many other eateries as well. If you are traveling to the Winter Haven area and looking for a relaxing atmosphere, great service and clean rooms I recommend you stay at the Holiday Inn

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Birdlover7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Estero, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is a great hotel. Facilities are amazing and this is clearly the best hotel in Winter Haven. The breakfast in the restaurant was fantastic and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff at the front desk was a bit 'green' and didn't seem to have their act together. I would recommend that you look past this and stay at this hotel. I'm sure they will work out the issues.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jbtphotos
Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We were in Winter Haven for my son's weekend baseball tournament. We live an additional two hours further then the rest of the families on the team so while they all drove home, we stayed in the area. Nice hotel. Holiday Inn's are usually not my first choice in a hotel, but after researching all of the hotels in the area, I took a chance here. It is a newer hotel. Very nice looking lobby and friendly, helpful staff. Both Ginette and Jennifer were great. The room was very clean and the mattresses and pillows were new and fluffy. My only complaint was our AC unit. It cooled, however it was loud and turned on and off all night. We never complained to the staff because we didn't notice it until the kids went to bed and we turned off the TV. We didn't want to pack everything up so late at night and try another room. The pool was small but nice, clean and private. The fitness room had nice, new equipment. The treadmill and elliptical machines had individual TV's mounted on them. The washer and dryers are located right next door the the fitness room which was convenient. There are plenty of restaurants right next door and a Wal-Mart nearby. Despite the load AC unit I would stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Floridabusybee
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I don't think there is a huge selection of hotels in Winter Haven. We came for
the weekend for my fiance's high school reunion (his family no longer lives
here). I found this hotel from reading reviews and decided it looked like one of the nicer hotels in town. He didn't know of this hotel, so I think it is relatively new. It also
looks new and clean. The room had a flat screen TV and King sized bed. There is a shower only - no bathtub - at least in our room. There is a pool and a restaurant that is open for breakfast and dinner. We didn't use either. We did order room service for a snack one night. It was a bit slow, but fine. We saw several young girls staying
here - looked to be a softball team and were worried about the noise. However,
we didn't hear a thing and slept fine. The hotel shares a parking lot with Outback Steakhouse and there are several fast food restaurants close by.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fsufan
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We arrived 2 hours before check in time. The front desk attendant did not acknowledge us at first and when she did she was quite abrupt and unfriendly. We were told that there were no "clean" rooms and check in was at 3 and then she turned away. It would have been nice if she had offered to take our number and call whent the room was ready or offer to keep our bag so we didn't have to haul it back out to the car. She could have suggested we wait in the restaurant or by the pool but instead just left us standing there. Employees such as these loose business. Even though the room was nice and clean, we'll try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Westerly, RI
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Stayed at Holiday Inn Winter for 4 nights this past week. The hotel looks new, very clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly, especially the the ladies taking care of the breakfast service. Only had breakfast there and the only choice was a buffet but it was very good and reasonably priced. I would definetely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I occassionally have to work in Auburndale, which is about 45 min east of Tampa. There is a hotel closer to the work place, but since I wanted to earn some Priority Club points, I decided to try the Holiday Inn in Winter Haven. This is my 1st choice of places to stay when I'm in the area.

It seems very newly built. The lobby is large and clean. Staff is professional. I always go for a suite. I like the additional room and the prices are usually decent. Once I even got a view of a lake from my room. That was a plus. Hotel is always quiet. And you have so many choices of restaurants. Eat on-site or take a drive in any direction and you'll find hundreds of different choices: Mexican, Italian, Olive Garden, Pizza, Outback, Dunkin Donuts..you name it. There is also a mall nearby if you forgot anything. Easy and free parking.

Off all the Holiday Inns I've tried in 2009 (I travel at least twice a month) this one had the best breakfast bar and individual REAL food menu choices. Cereal, eggs (made to order if you like), fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, pastries, etc. And each table has it's own flat screen so you can watch the news while you eat.

Really like this property.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Americas Best Value Inn Winter Haven
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven
Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL
Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center

Been to Holiday Inn Winter Haven? Share your experiences!