“Amazing Stay”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Reviewed October 28, 2013

First off I want to say thanks to all the staff at this hotel. I had a surgery in Winter Haven and stayed here for 5 days. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating and made my stay very comfortable. Suzanne who works the evening bar/restaurant is super nice as is the lady who works the breakfast! The hotel itself was super clean, my room was very large and updated, had a clean, nice pool area and a great restaurant. The food is amazing...I ate here 3 times for dinner and breakfast each day and I can tell you I couldn't believe it was a hotel restaurant (all the food tasted great and was fresh...not sure how anyone could complain about the breakfast). I honestly felt like I was on holiday staying at a resort more then being at a hotel for surgery. All I can say is that this maybe the best hotel experience I have ever had and will be choosing Holiday Inns exclusively for future trips/vacations when possible.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is very close to Legoland, about a 5 minute drive. It is also close to restaurants & shopping. The hotel is very clean. We have stayed here a few times when visiting Legoland, when the Hampton Inn was booked. We prefer that hotel. Holiday Inn doesn't offer free breakfast, which we like for the kids. I take my grandchildren down as I am an early riser, & let Mom, Dad & Grandpop sleep a little later. Holiday Inn has breakfast buffet for $7.99 & kids eat free, but, it's terrible.
My other BIG complaint is the air conditioner....it is SO NOISEY! Keeps cycling off & on all night. You fall asleep then boom it's on again to wake you. If there were ceiling fans in the room I would have turned it off. Bring your MP & ear buds, that's what Hubby did. I can't sleep with things in my ears. We had adjoining rooms, ours was handicap. It was nice, however the vanity is extremely small. There are 2 elevators.

Room Tip: Room 305 & 307 are connecting, face the pool & were quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very good hotel for a family going to legoland, they treat you well and even give you legoland stuff at check-in. It would have been a "good" hotel if breakfast was better. The breakfast staff ( basically one lady when we were there) could do a better job, and the food had basically no taste. Eggs were of the canned type they cook by the pounds...bread/pastries were marginally OK...

Beds were on the soft side....rollaway bed for our 7 year old kid was not good, you could feel the springs ...my son is not picky at all and did not want to sleep there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Miguel G
bwillard, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winter Haven, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Good Afternoon,
First let me thank you for your review of my hotel. I am so sorry we were not 100% up to your standards. I will address your service in the Cafe' Blu and the food as well. I hope you will give us another chance to show you that we are better than that. Please feel free to reach out to me personally the next time you come to LEGOLAND.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great place to stay for a Legoland visit.....staff was nice and free breakfast was just fine. Pool was nice as was our room. Since there is only 1 elevator in the building I would recommend a ground floor room. Breakfast was staffed and everything was plentyfull with nothing running out, and we went down probably later than most.

Room Tip: Ground floor as there is only 1 elevator for the whole building
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NannieVannie
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We selected this hotel because it came recommended as one of the newer and cleaner hotels in the area. Upon arrival, we were told that the cable and the Wi-Fi were both out. When we expressed our disappointment about the lack of amenities promised, we were told it is not the hotel's fault and that we were lucky we had power because that had been out also.

When we went up to our room, the room smelled dank and mildewy. We had friends staying in another room of the hotel and their room smelled also. Additionally, I heard other families complaining about the smell at the front desk. The smell persisted throughout our stay. Perhaps this was due to the power being out previously, but the rooms should have been aired out and deodorized before people checked in.

The air conditioning in our room did not work as well as we would have liked. We had it set at 65 and it was not at all cold in the room. The water temperature for the bath and shower is set way too low. It was impossible to take a hot bath. My children took a bath with all hot-water and no cold water and they both complained that the bath was too cold.

During our stay, I called down to housekeeping to ask for a couple of towels and I was told that I would need to come get them at the front desk because the woman at the front desk was the only one working. The second day I called again to report a problem with my television. The person who answered told me they were busy checking in guests and that they would call me back. I never received a call. Both incidents occurred in the evening. The hotel is understaffed in the evening for sure.

I also saw many overflowing trash receptacles at the hotel. The worst of which was a pile of empty beer boxes in the trash can in front of the hotel. When we checked out, the garbage had been sitting there for 18 hours. Who knows how much longer it was out there. Another example of the hotel being under staffed.

On a positive note, the hotel is fairly new. We received excellent service from Ray in the breakfast area. He was friendly and great with the kids. I think this hotel has potential, but they need more staff,and they need to make a lot more effort.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winter Haven, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear PrudentB,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Due to unforeseen problems with our previous hotel, we had to get a room here last minute, but the the lobby manager Chad helped us out immensely, was polite, informative on our goals to get to Legoland, and gave the kids some Lego minifigs first thing when they walked in the door. Though being almost full, the room was great, and the hotel staff was quick to meet our needs after we had traveled all day. In the morning breakfast was great and because of this experience I will look for Holiday Inn hotels first when I travel.

Room Tip: We booked last minute when there were only two rooms left in the entire hotel, and it was perfect. I...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We were moved to this hotel when we got a call from the Hampton Inn next door that they overbooked. We were promised same accommodations, free breakfast, park discounts and toys for kids at same price. Received mostly everything except for toys for kids and hotel room was not as nice. A little disappointed. The air conditioning in the room was very loud and would go on and off all night. Rooms were clean, but noticed some stains on chairs and couch in lobby. The clerk at the front desk was very overwhelmed, answering multiple phones at once while trying to also check people in or answer questions. Definitely understaffed. The breakfast buffet was good and the waitress was very friendly. Best thing was that the hotel was only 3 miles from Legoland. But, we ended up driving instead of taking the free shuttle, because it did not run often and we did not want to get stuck at the park if we wanted to stay longer. Overall, adequate stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winter Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Jodesk,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased you liked the location and it's proximity to Legoland. I would also like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A

Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL
Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven
Americas Best Value Inn Winter Haven

Been to Holiday Inn Winter Haven? Share your experiences!