“Golf and lodging all together - No worries”

Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Winter Garden
Lexington, KY, USA
“Golf and lodging all together - No worries”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

If you think playing and staying at a municipal course is not for you then think again. This is Orlando, where dreams do come true. Decent lodging with rooms that come right out onto the putting green, a fabulous practice facility (bested only by World Woods north of Tampa) and a restaurant for breakfast and lunch means more golf time and less travel stress - until you get to the tee of either Crooked Cat or Panther Lake, both offering their own set of challenges. This facility is perfect for a foursome or group because you can play 36 a day (as we did) and still have time for a game of stymie on the putting green or a quick run on the executive course. From reservations and pro shop staff to reception and starters, the staff is there to see you have a good time. Sure, this experience is far away from the land of mice and there is no building in site but that's the way we like it. For dinner, there are many options only ten minutes and one exit away at Winter Garden Village. I rank OCN right up there with World Woods and Ponte Vedra Inn and Club.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank AFWEG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Orange County National is one of the best courses I've played at. I highly recommend this course if you are in the area. They offer many different rates and classes. If you are looking to save some money they always have discounts and coupons to take advantage of, the most recent one they have you can find at www.bligdeal.com it is for two golf classes with a take home video CD, enjoy!‎

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jonas_Rejon
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Dad and I just spent three days tearing up the linx. Great place to stay and play. We played 36 holes of golf and were treated like kings the entire time we were there---from check-in to check out. Don't miss this opportunity to relax and enjoy two great big courses and a small exec. course.
We made a trip to Winter Garden for sushi and a trip to Downtown Disney for a quick dinner and movie. Wish we planned a few more days!

• Stayed February 2009
1 Thank pipPennsylvania
PHILLY
Reviewed December 17, 2008

I received an email from OCN about an overseeding deal for lodging, golf and breakfast and could not pass it up. The weather forcast for Florida that week was mid 70s and the deal was just too good considering it was freezing on the east coast. I had done some research and just wanted a place to get away and play golf and practice. The reservation agent was very helpful. She gave me the name of a great cab service from the airport and the guy was waiting for me when my plane touched down. It's a bit of a drive from the airport and most locals say its out in the sticks so if you're trying to go to a place for the nightlife this is not for you. However if you want great golf, a great range and great service its a steal. Contrary to previous posts I found the operation to be very service oriented and friendly. Everyone that I encountered was professional and there to meet my needs. (The bartenders are fabulous and will keep the bar open if you're drinking!)

I highly recommend for those seeking a good golf/practice get away. I will go again in a few months to shake off the winter snow!

• Liked — Great Golf and wonderful Staff
  • Disliked — Staff was very helpful. Service oriented golf facility.
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank GOLFERGUYINPHILLY
New York City
Reviewed December 8, 2008

OCN is a true golfer's place. The courses have been selected for PGA Q school FINALS multiple times in the last few years so you know the courses are of the utmost quality. I am really surprised by some of the negative comments written here.

I have stayed and played OCN ny times since I first discovered it 4-5 years ago. The lodge is a no frills room. Do not expect an upscale hotel experience. It reminds me more of a fishing lodge but in fact that is exactly what i want when off on a golf trip - cheap lodging right next to the course - i will save my luxury room nights for trips with my wife.

The courses: both courses are super fun, very challenging, and have always been in great shape. Greens here tend to be on the quicker side and roll true. I make more putts on fast greens so I love this. If you are on your game it ill be the most fun you have ever had. If you are not, you will want to hit teh Gi-normous practice facility or the complimentary 9 hole exec course,

this place is an incredible bargain for world class golf. I can only assume the guys complaining had a bad day or don't have reoely the sametaste as i do. . . for that matter they must also disagree with the PGA Tour (q school again)

Orange County National is true golfer's heaven.

(photos downloaded from their website)

• Liked — close to golf
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank jon v
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2008

Do NOT Stay or Play here!!!

Trust me, there are far better places to play in/near Orlando.
The food in the morning was nothing short of CR.P!!
Most of it was two pings

The golf was average but what spoiled it for our group was the on course marshalls - they were a complete bunch of (----).
Our so called first class buggy broke down on the first - the Marshalls stood and watched us struggling from the first tee.

Our first nine holes were going well until the 'fat' marshall came scooting up on his buggy and bellowed that we had lost pace with the group in front and we would have to pick up and go to the next tee.
Reluctantly we did this but were suspicious.
We got to the 10th tee and yes you've guessed it the group in front were in the middle of the 10th fairway, not even playing their second shots. (I should point out that we were at the greenside when we were shouted at).

Our first 8 3/4 holes had taken around 2hours and 10 mins - on course for a full round of the 4 1/2 hours as requested.

For the next 3hours and 15 minutes, we waited on every hole and every shot.
The 'fat' Marshall was at 16th when we next saw him - nobody was monitoring the pace of play for the second nine holes.
One of group spoke to him and asked why and what the problem was - well, this useless turd of a (----) could give us no explanation and just said it was not his fault.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE.
There are other courses who will treat you well and look after you. More importantly they will speak to you and explain why.

I will not recommend this course or facility to anyone or anyone of my fellow 200,000 employees.

AGAIN DO NOT PLAY.

Stayed May 2008
3 Thank JohnnyLA

Travelers are raving about these Winter Garden hotels

reading
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Played the course in the middle of the of may and they were having a drought so the a few lakes were empty. I played the panther lakes course and was very impressed with the layout and condition. Most courses in Orlando do work this time of year as the resort was doing on the other course, But good fortune they had not started on this one yet. The par 3s will remain in the memory for a long time. 17 called carry and it means it water and bunkers just to get to the green. The only problem was the course marshalls. Every other hole ther was one there ticking on there list how quick play was. It was so frustrating as it was a busy day and no one could speed up do to the amount of people put on the course. If they just left you to it then it would be fine. If you book two ball don't expect to be just that as they will pair you up with others without telling you till you go to tee off. A very good course slightle ruined by poor course marshalls

Stayed May 2008
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Marriott's Harbour Lake
#16 of 339 in Orlando

Been to Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge? Share your experiences!