“Over night stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Winter Garden
New York
“Over night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2009

Simple, Clean, Neat and very different from going to the Marriott.
The service was delightful, the breakfast was homemade and the bed was very comfy. A great over night retreat with my 17 year old. The hotel has a common area where everyone can meet and enjoy a meal. Also, there is an outdoor rooftop area to hang out with your friends.Love walking through town talking to the friendly people. Went across the street for dinner and had a wonderful Italian meal. Very Historic and simple town with very friendly people!
If you want top of the line with all the bells and whistles then this Hotel is not for you. Remember, it is a Bed and Breakfast with a old fashion homemade flair. The experience was priceless!

• Liked — Different
  • Disliked — No business center
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RomoNewYork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Sarasota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

I booked directly on the website. I had made a mistake and they called me on the phone to correct it. I love not only the history but the feel of the place . We also really enjoy talking to the people that own/run this lovely B&B. They love the building and area very much and really know the local history. We always feel like family when there.

We went to celebrate my birthday. It was grand!

Thanks for everything.

• Liked — People, place, atmosphere
  • Disliked — light shining in through the transome at night.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SmartClicksTravel
Columbia, MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2009

Overall it seemed more run down than historic. The breakfast, included in the price, was delicious and a nice touch. But for the business traveler, there must be a more modern and comfortable place to stay in the Winter Garden area. I would not stay again.

• Liked — location in historic Winter Garden
  • Disliked — it was sort of run down
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank maybe22
columbus, ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2008

This was a great hotel! I loved everything about it... the location was amazing (food, farmer's market, shopping, antique shops, running trails, etc.)
The hotel was very unique and all the rooms were different and really comfortable. It felt like I was staying at my grandma's house.

• Liked — Historic
  • Disliked — nothing... it was all great
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank sararandolph
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2008

I travel a lot for work (with a baby lately) and usually stay at hotels ranging from Hampton Inn type to Hyatt. This B&B was such a refreshingly charming place to stay! The staff was helpful, friendly, and accessible. The breakfast was delicious. The historic hotel is beautifully restored - the current owners and operators have done a wonderful job. The furnishings fit the era and historic restoration as well (my 10-month-old sat on President Lincoln's sofa)! Great internet access and even a place for my small business meeting. I will definitely stay here they next time I travel to the area.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2008

They took wonderful care of us. We were getting married across the street and they helped us out so much. They let us take over the place for wedding photos. The breakfast is great!

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank wlbell
Montgomery
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2008

It was a lovely place, with customer service above and beyond what I have ever received elsewhere.

I arrived in the middle of a festival, and the streets were blocked off , so I couldn't get my car to the hotel parking lot. After parking a couple of blocks away, I walked to the hotel, and told them about my situation. The young lady who checked me in, actually walked to my car with me, directed me in the back way, and made sure a parking space was cleared for me in their parking lot.

I loved the antique furnishings of the room, and the breakfast was wonderful. (I'd planned on having a quick bite and then leaving, but the other guests were so interesting, that I sat there for over an hour).

I would have liked to have a coffee pot in the room, since I usually have my coffee as soon as my feet hit the floor. ( And a hairdryer and a clock would also have been nice.) However, it was a "step back in time" that I truly enjoyed.

• Liked — see review
  • Disliked — see review
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Buttercup62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winter Garden
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,363 reviews
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Edgewater Hotel? Share your experiences!