“Wonderful hospitality, interesting setting, comfy beds and oozing in charm!”
Review of Edgewater Hotel

Edgewater Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Winter Garden
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here for two weeks and became very attached. People are warm and gracious. Rooms are unique and chaming. Breakfasts are to order and consistently done well. And it sparkles it is so clean. Attracts a clientele that returns and so will I and my family!

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked a reservation based on the reviews at Tripadvisor. As of this date, 12/16/13, I have not stayed at the hotel. I expect the hotel to be excellent, as reviewed. I first attempted to book a room on the Edgewater Hotel website, but the reservation did not go through after I provided my credit card information. I then called the hotel and made the reservation over the phone. The next day I was contacted by VISA and discovered two fraudulent charges, one from a company called Travres and the other from Orlando.com. The Travres reservation charge was not the amount of the correct reservation (it was more) and the Orlando.com charge was for $10. The hotel called me and said that a reservation had come through to them from Expedia, a company that they do not do business with for their website reservations. After some online research I found numerous fraud complaints against Travres and some of these involved Expedia reservations. There is no problem with the hotel and they assured me that my reservation is fine. I just wanted other travelers to be aware of my recent experience.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
93  Thank Jack S
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We found this place by reading reviews on Trip Advisor and the place definitely exceeded our expectations. The hotel is located in the center of historic Winter Garden and was very convenient for us. The rooms were immaculate and towels were changed as often as we requested.. Where the Edgewater Hotel really excells is with their staff. This was probably the most accommodating staff I have ever encountered. Breakfast was made to order every morning and every single request was met with a smile. never felt uncomfortable asking for anything. I chaged my rooom when we arrived and every single person on staff was just overwhelmingly helpful. My son and I will definitely be back in the future.

Room Tip: We had two separe rooms with individual sinks, and we shared the shower and tiolet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We spent a restful, long weekend at Edgewater this weekend. The accommodations were superb, the staff was friendly, cordial, and responsive, and the breakfast was awesome! Plenty of food and plenty of choice. The teamwork of this family demonstrates the kind of commitment that provides a pleasant experience for all - rare these days!

Linda & Phil Benyola

Room Tip: Review the pics and stats on line and choose the room of your choice!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Winter Garden is a neat little town in central Florida and the hotel is set in the heart of the historic downtown area. It is surrounded by restaurants and locally owned shops. At the weekend there is usually a farmers market and free entertainment in the gazebo. Everything is within walking distance. The hotel has been restored to it's 1930's looks and still has the original elevator operated by one of the friendly staff. The rooms are roomy and nicely decorated. Beds are covered with beautiful quilts and have comfortable mattresses.
We really loved our time here and plan on returning soon. The staff are super helpful and breakfast was really good.
All this and it's close enough to the attractions without all the traffic. Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Like going back in time. Great rooms, beds. Wonderful Breakfast included.
We would highly recommend this hotel. Winter Garden is a quaint little town and convenient to many parks and places in Orlando, Florida. Restoration of this old hotel was done quite well.
We enjoyed the staff, and everything about this place. Some very local restaurants and shops nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband, two adult sons and I spent two days at the Edgewater over the Thanksgiving holiday. Staying there was like going back in time and staying at someone's house! The pros: comfortable beds, very nice cooked-to-order breakfast daily, quaint surroundings, 2-bedroom suites for a VERY reasonable price. The cons: elevator is only available by calling the hotel staff, parking is not plentiful, some rooms' AC/heating is controlled in another guest room (but the staff will loan you a fan if you need one), the water temperature in the shower was hard to control and water pressure varied. This could be a pro or a con, depending on your view: no daily room refresh or replacement of towels, etc. You can get daily service or additional linens if you ask, but you do have to ask.

Available rooms are left open so you can look at them and make your room selection, if desired.

Breakfast is provided daily by reservation (you have to call and let the hotel staff know what time you want to come to breakfast, as they do cook breakfast to order for you and the dining room can only accommodate a certain number of guests at one time).

Overall, this was a very enjoyable place to spend a couple of days, and I'm sure I'll go back again!

Room Tip: The online pictures are good and you can also go up and look at available rooms if you like.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Villas of Grand Cypress
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 342 in Orlando
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Ocoee

Been to Edgewater Hotel? Share your experiences!