“A neat place to stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Winter Garden
Canton, Ohio
“A neat place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Thiz hotel is aneat refurbished place. The internet is slow. Not many electricAl outlets. Coffee and snacks available in dining area. Oder from menu for brkfzt, a varity of choices. A neat ice cream store next door.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I were traveling and I had a 7 AM Monday presentation in Winter park and needed a hotel for Sunday night. I found the Edgewater on Trip Advisor and we gave it a try.
The owners have spent years remodeling this 120 year old building back to its heyday state in the pre-Disney years, and they have done a great job. it was fun for us to see what a hotel was like 100 years ago and we enjoyed the experience. I think anyone with any interest in history would also enjoy staying here. the hotel is owned by several young families, the men play in a traveling christian musical group and the wives live onsite and run the hotel. i think they do the cooking and cleaning as well, and it shows.
There are only about 20 rooms right now but I understand there is soon to be a construction project adding 50 or more rooms.
The Edgewater is well worth checking out for a day or two. I know we will be back if we need a room in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott H
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My fiancee and I loved the esthetic of the old Florida bed and breakfast. Our room was clean, quiet and we insulated from some cool evenings. Winter Garden is a pretty little town the likes of which I wasn't familiar with in Central Florida. There was a wide variety of people staying as well and lively conversation (not really my thing, but if you like meeting new people) over breakfast. Breakfast was great and we thought the staff were very attentive and helpful even when it seemed like there was a lot going on around us. We stayed in room 214 just off the breakfast room, but couldn't hear any extra noise spill over which was surprising and really great because I was worried when I first realized that might be a problem. Our bed was old and squeaky, so that could be a problem if you have back issues though I can't say all the rooms are like that. We stayed in a room along Plant Street which let us look out onto the main strip of Winter Garden.

Room Tip: Rent bikes across the street at Whirlwinds for $6 an hour and ride along the West Orange Trail
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place is beautifuf and historicaly charming.Stayed one nite on my way down to the keys and had a pleasent restful nite befor continuing my drive the next day.The only issue I had if you could really call it an issue was the plug in air freshener was a little over powering for the room. Simple fix was to simply unplug it while I was out for dinner and smell was gone on my return. Thanx for the hospitality. I plan on comming back for a stay in the future.
Jeff corn

• Stayed February 2013
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our one night experience was exactly what we were hoping for. Our room was 215. The hotel is old fashioned & our room had good street/downtown views. They have 4 beautiful birds that sing & are so happy being out in the main sitting room. The breakfast is included and has a nice variety of hot & cold items. We had a nice & courteous staff.
I would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We just stayed one night while visiting family in town and LOVED it! We're looking forward to coming again. The room was a good size for 2 adults and 1 toddler. Beds were super comfy. We loved all the touches that keep this Inn reminiscent of an earlier era. The breakfast was wonderful but we more appreciated the opportunity to talk with the staff/residents, learning a lot about the hotel's renovations and management style.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
St. Marys, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay in the center of the city with many things to see and do in a family atmosphere. The staff is exceptional and I hope you get to hear one playing the piano in the lobby. The breakfast is exceptional! I will return to Winter GArden and will always stay here if is available BUT book early or you may be out of luck.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winter Garden
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,363 reviews
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Edgewater Hotel? Share your experiences!