“Return Visit”

Dining options: Reservations
Ocoee, FL
“Return Visit”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had visited when the restaurant first opened a couple of times with friends and family. The sauces were the charmers, but over all not enough to make us jump other BBQ locations between us and them. But we recently returned post- TV makeover. We were glad that we did. The atmosphere was jumping the addition of themed nights held us longer, was fun for the entire table, the food was tasty, still a little slower than is typical for BBQ but the other activities made the time fly by. We enjoyed this visit immensely.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank DaSarge

“I'll be back”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had been hesitant to try Cave Inn BBQ, but finally decided to give it a try after hearing it had improved. I'm glad we did. We split the Dino Egg and Riblets for an appetizer and both were quite good. The slaw and sauce on the Riblets were delicious. We both had the pulled pork on naan with sweet potato fries. They bring out the sauces and let the guest decide which one to put on their sandwich. We both really liked the sandwich and naan as a bread option. They also have a local brew or two on draft which is another plus in book. During dinner we started to hear loud music from the kitchen. We mentioned it to our server and it was immediately rectified. We figured we may as well try dessert even though we were full from dinner. I had the Ice Age pie and my husband had the Apple Crisp...which wasn't so crisp. His dessert was the only bummer of the meal. Not sure if it was old or if that is the way it always is, but it was soggy and almost raw tasting. Our server immediately brought him out a different dessert. Despite those two tiny bumps, we will be back. The sandwiches were great as was the service. And it's a local restaurant which is nice to have in a city full of chain restaurants.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank jeodie
Clermont, Florida, United States
“Great food and great service in a neighborhood bbq joint!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The Cave Inn is a pleasant little hole-in-the-wall, prehistoric themed restaurant on the end of a small strip shopping center. Mostly indoor with some outdoor seating, you are able to enjoy the recently remodeled (via the Food Network TV show Restaurant Impossible) cave interior of the restaurant or sit out on the patio and enjoy the evening breeze as you eat your meal or just relax with a beverage from the full-service bar. The food is themed to the decor with bbq and grilled fare the bulk of the menu. Through several visits, everything we've tried has been delicious and served piping hot. Laura was our server for two of our visits and was very attentive and did not hesitate to accommodate a couple of substitutions with our meals. The Cave Inn has a steady calendar of events which include live music, karaoke, and trivia evenings. The location is a little off the the beaten path, but worth the trip. I highly recommend the Cave Inn and we plan on being regulars ourselves.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank BWDscott
Kissimmee, Florida
“Improved since the makeover”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This opened to mixed reviews. I'm in that strip mall all the time, so had been hearing that originally folks were underwhelmed (not sure the specifics, though).

I had previously tried their BBQ sauce and pulled pork on Naan (nice touch! I love Naan) and really liked it, but I have a sweet tooth.

We went in the evening, earlier before the initial airing of the Restaurant Impossible episode that did their make-over. I'm a fan of Robert Irvine and have been to a couple of events where he cooked for groups at EPCOT -- in person he is EXACTLY like he appears on the show -- so I was excited to see the changes.

It seemed like the menu had been simplified. We shared the riblets with the hoisin BBQ sauce (also described as Oriental BBQ sauce elsewhere) as an appetizer. I am a fan of peiking duck,, so I definitely liked it and my son thought the fried onion sample bowl they brought was better than the blooming onion at Outback. It was not a cave-man portion (they warned us it was small), but it was a good tasting course.

I had the pulled pork on NaaN again and my son had the brisket. At first I thought it was very plain, then I realized that they were leaving the choice of BBQ sauce up to the customer. There were about 7 choices and we sampled them all. The La Brea Tar Pit sauce was still sweet (again -- I liked it very much) but had a bit of a kicker afterwards. The "house" bbq sauce was just sweet and might have been my favorite. The oriental BBQ (hoisin) went well with ribs.

The french fries were good, but the sweet potato fries could have been a little crisper but better than most places that end up over cooking and burning them in search of that crispness and then they lose their flavor (thinking of a certain micro-brewery chain in San Francisco).

We forwent dessert only because we had already blown our diet with BBQ. The candied rocks were a nice touch.

it definitely now is a much needed option for the area. We have a dearth of acceptable restaurants and I think it is solid. Give it a try.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank D_Kissimmee
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing BBQ! Fun Friendly staff”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Love this place!!! We heard Restaurant Impossible came to this place so we decided to give it a try. Loved the half rack ribs, the sandwiches, adult root beer float and the lemon cream cake. Highly recommend this place for a relaxed night out. Prices were perfect, didn't break the bank.

6 Thank wandd1955