“Value price for big taste”
Review of Taquitos Jalisco

Taquitos Jalisco
Ranked #48 of 140 Restaurants in Winter Garden
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Orlando, FL
“Value price for big taste”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We ate here last month and really enjoyed it. We wanted somewhere that wasn't the usual Tex-Mex fare and felt that Taquitos Jalisco fit the bill.

The restaurant isn't very big and offers quite a lot of seating, although we didn't feel cramped against another table. The menu was reasonable and the prices were good. It took a little while to be served, but we could see the cooking area and they were clearly working quickly so we figured the food was being cooked to order rather than sitting under a warming lamp - I was happy to wait a few extra minutes to get hot, fresh food.

There is a little cart in the middle of the restaurant that had lots of toppings and sauces to add to your food. All of it was labeled and we tried a few new things. Some of it was hot but all of it was good.

The meal also came with a good helping of corn chips and salsa.

While we were eating we watched staff cleaning almost non-stop around the restaurant. They clearly work hard to keep the restaurant clean and it showed.

I went to the opening of the Mexican Consulate in Orlando several years ago and Taquito Jalisco was given an award by MERA (Mexican Restaurant Association) for being authentic to mexican food and culture. This was their location on Hiawasee Road (not sure this location was open then) but I have to imagine this is an extension of that location.

I also noticed that Taquitos Jalisco also met all the food safety inspection standards, according to www.myfloridalicense.com. Kudos.

I'll eat here again next time I get cravings for authentic mexican food.

• Visited November 2012

Orlando
“Fun Atmosphere, Authentic Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Fun, fiesta-like atmosphere (though not too loud) with small band of singers travelling from table to table on a Friday night. Food was tasty, portions were large and price was reasonable. Had the steak tips in salsa verde, which was delicious. Salsa on the table with chips was a little watery but had good flavor as well. Great margaritas and our kids enjoyed the Horchata (cinnamon flavored rice milk/water). A fun place for a date night or family outing.

Visited October 2012
Winter Garden, Florida
“A regular for us!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We love this restaurant! The food is excellent ... authentic and delicious Mexican food served by a friendly and welcoming staff. Always a good and relaxing meal for us!

Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Don't let the location make you miss a great meal”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We live in Phoenix and we recently bought a second home here in Winter Garden. We looked and looked for some great Mexican food but could not even find GOOD Mexican food. Then we found this place as I said we live in Phoenix and have traveled all over Mexico and this is some of the best food I have found. Plus the prices are great too. If you want some real Mexican food please give this place a chance

• Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“MY FAVE!!! Besides Cali and Mexico, best Mexican food!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Ok..so I have travelled extensively all over world..and in my travels, always like to seek a good Mexican meal, let me tell you, this place is where it is at!! Whenever I visit my family and friends in Florida we HAVE TO GO THERE!! There are actual Mexicans in the kitchen cooking your yummy food :-).

Fresh, authentic, not that nasty Tex-Mex (ugh, can you say gross??) you find a dime a dozen. Having gone to Mexico and California, I can tell you this is the real deal. Believe or not, not even Mexican places in NY cannot compare! I've scoured the whole city and the closest bet is a Mexican joint by F.I.T. (on 30th and 8th I believe) ran by the Chinese (damn, they're good at everything! lol). It is not pretense and inauthentic and its not watered down Mexican.

Be there or be square!! Cheers :-)

• Visited August 2011