“Good food.”

Avalon Diner
Ranked #27 of 145 Restaurants in Winter Garden
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We are always looking for a spot for our Friday morning breakfast date. While the food was very good it did not have enough overall to get us to travel the distance to go there specifically. But if we were hungry and in the area we would happily eat here.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My daughter and I love the Avalon Diner. She goes everyday for her break. I go a few times a month. Quick service and great food! I have never had anything that I didn't like.

1  Thank Marie L
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Have passed by this breakfast/lunch restaurant many times on the way to another breakfast/lunch place in Winter Garden, and never noticed it for some reason. We are very glad we finally did! Went with 4 other family members for breakfast and we were seated right away by a cheerful staff person. Our beverages (coffee, tea and water) were brought to us quickly, and refilled several times. Everyone ordered something different, and everyone really enjoyed what they received. The portion sizes were filling. I had the corned-beef hash (my go-to breakfast out treat if it is on the menu) and it was very tasty. The restaurant has a very open feeling, and not to large or too small. Everything looked clean and the serving staff were on the ball and friendly. It was also a very good value for the amount of food we received. As we left, we noted their 'lunch specials' for that day on a poster outside......boy oh boy did we want to go back--fried chicken dinner with sides, etc for a terrific price.....another time! By the way, I believe they are now open for dinner on Fridays. I hope this is to test the market potential to eventually serve dinner daily!

2  Thank JOYFUL56Texas
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I live nearby and had never seen this place! Enjoyed a traditional Saturday morning breakfast in a comfortable atmosphere... I will be back!

2  Thank Wil S
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Eggs and potatoes were hard to mess up but biscuit was a waste. My wife's croissant was equally useless. They need better baked items. Nice and clean, good service.

1  Thank mikeyhand