“Unsure about all the hype....”

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Ranked #3 of 145 Restaurants in Winter Garden
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had read a number of very complimentary reviews of 4 Rivers online & as I was due to visit central Florida I decided to add 4 Rivers to my itinerary. I made to 4 Rivers & on arrival noted the absence of the smell of smoke? The place itself is very casual, you queue to order your food & then find a table inside (or a communal bench outside). To be honest the menu is pretty exhaustive & to be honest it was a little daunting knowing what to select. We ordered a ¼ chicken, pulled pork sandwich & burnt end sandwich (each came with 2 sides), we ordered the beans (very tasty), the corn (overpowered flavour of garlic), the mac & cheese (just ok), fries & coleslaw (which was pretty bland & watery). The chicken was very moist with a nice humm of smoke off it, the pulled pork was nice (but nothing to rave about) and the burnt ends sandwich was way too salty (so much so that I left half of it). 4 Rivers is pretty pricey when compared to other BBQ joints in central Florida & although there were a couple of high points (the chicken & beans), the rest of the items were pretty non descript. I was surprised with the mediocre experience as the place was packed with people ordering eat in & take out, but I suppose there is no accounting for tastes. Anyway to summarise the restaurant is clean & well appointed, the staff were friendly & food arrived quickly but I feel it was let down in flavour stakes.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Be sure to leave room for desserts which are amazing, but the barbecue is why everyone goes there. Lots of choices but our favorites are brisket and wings. Take home some coffee rub, it is amazing on steaks.

1  Thank Jean T
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is the best smokehouse ever! Their brisket is so moist and tender. Their pulled pork is flavorful. And the sides are so wonderful that it is hard to select between them all! It was my birthday and this is THE place for my celebration!

I had the Texas Destroyer. Heaven on a bun!!! It consists of their smoked brisket topped with onion rings, jalapeños, melted provolone cheese and 4 Rivers sauce, I am not exaggerating when I tell you that my brisket was at least one and an half inches thick, if not closer to two inches. Tender. Tender. Tender. For my sides I selected the baked beans and the corn bread. I am usually not a baked beans fan, but theirs are the best I have ever had. The cornbread has jalapeños incorporated into the cornbread giving it a nice bit of heat without being too much.

Their inside seating is limited here but they have a large outside seating area that is covered with picnic benches. What is barbecue without picnic benches?

Keep your eye out for 4 Rivers as they are expanding to other areas of the state. Good barbecue!!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Don't be scared off by the line out the door; it is well worth the wait! The food is fantastic and the portion sizes are beyond generous. The menu offers a variety of smoked meats and southern style side dishes. I typically order a Dinner Plate and split it with my daughter (and still have left overs). No need to order a kids meal here- the regular dinner plates have approximately half a pound of meat and three full sides- each measuring approx. 3/4 cup. The icing on the cake (literally) is found in their "sweet shop" case- a variety of cakes, cupcakes and bombs all look quite tempting- although honestly I have always been too full from the meal to even consider dessert.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I went to visit my sister's family in Oviedo. Anytime we visit we have to go to 4 Rivers and again it did not disappoint. Went last Saturday at 3:30 hoping to beat the dinner crowd but to no avail. I don't think the lunch line ever stopped so it just carried over into the afternoon. No biggie though. We waited about 30 minutes and then the fun began. I ordered the fatty or 2nd cut of the brisket along with burnt ends and smoked wings. My wife got the brisket also. You get three sides and a biscuit. I got mac n cheese, collards and fried okra. The brisket was the best I have EVER had by far and the smoked wings makes Hooters look like amateurs. All three sides rocked. Try the mustard sauce. Its not on the tables but by where you get drinks. It is fantastic. The rest of the family loved all their food. The toughest part is finding a seat sometimes after you get your food. Please, please think about Sarasota/Bradenton Area. You had me at brisket.