“Great, simple BBQ place”

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Ranked #4 of 136 Restaurants in Winter Garden
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Windermere, Florida
“Great, simple BBQ place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We love this place since we first went to the one near Downtown Orlando. Simple food, really well prepared, with great and efficient service.

Northern Ireland
“Disappointed :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Having read rave reviews on this place I was so looking forward to going - was I disappointed!!! Arrived late lunch time & yes there was a long queue (expected this). Water & lemonade outside for refreshment while you were waiting. Probably queued for about 15-20 mins before being served. Sides (apart from the cornbread which was very good) were awful - mac & cheese was a big gloopy mess, dried out jalapenos, dried out cold fries & flavourless bbq beans. I had the messy pig which was cold, husband had brisket & son had the sausage - both were Ok but definitely wouldn't go out of my way to visit here again - really disappointed :(

• Visited June 2013
Clermont, Florida
“Takeout and call ahead takeout is amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Went two days in a row for takeout and was surprised just how good it is. Reviewed this store when first opened and now this place us even better. Went the first night just for sides to compliment some great home leftovers and pleased a home crowd. My second trip had a whole chicken which fed three two meals. While there a fellow had called in and explained when he got there they were out of ribs came back and told him they had them and comped his dessert. He was very happy and their need to please the customer no mater what really impressed me. This place is here to stay and will always be great with their current attitude.

Ocoee, FL
“BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

A very popular BBQ location, but BBQ is a personal taste item, different areas of the country like their bbq done differently, and as such some think of this as fantastic, for me it is very good. Never a bad meal but not exactly how I like my BBQ

Visited July 2013
“I don't get the hype!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Let's me start off saying I was very, very excited to try 4 rivers smokehouse because I love BBQ and heard rave reviews about this place. I read some reviews on trip advisor and the people who judged it harshly may have had the same experience as me because I agree with a lot of their complaints. Let's start with the line to order. I have been to Rudy's BBQ based out of Texas and they have at least 5-10 registers open, you place your order and they cut and weigh all your meat infront of you while someone else gets the sides. The lines moves very fast. 4 rivers tries to have that concept but its just a lot of congestion. I like the fact that they have a lot of drinks to choose from and drink stations are inside and outside. We ordered the ribs which were fair, a little dried out. The brisket was not sliced it was cut in weird chunks ( never had it like that before) but it tasted good. The sausage was decent. The burnt ends were a terrible stringy mush, by far the worst thing we ordered. The sides we had were fried pickles which I liked because they were thick cut and light batter. The Mac and cheese was OK as was the cheese grits. I would think a place that was that busy the meat would not have time to get dry but it did. The dessert selections looked amazing and I wish I had tried something. So my overall opinion is that maybe I went on a bad day, but I really don't know if I would go back....so disappointed.