“Awesome food and concept”

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Ranked #3 of 145 Restaurants in Winter Garden
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

These negative reviews crack me up. You don't like that The food is served on paper? It is part of the concept like the picnic tables and the smoked jalapeños, boneheads! You nay Sayers should just stick to the big franchises. I thought the food was excellent and the baked cheese grits are the best. All you tourists- you want something really good and different than that chain food you get at home? Get in your car and drive to winter garden. Worth every minute of the trip.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

4 Rivers is a top shelf BBQ restaurant. They have the largest variety menu I've seen in a BBQ restaurant and is very reasonably priced. All the meat has a deep smoke flavor. For more flavor they have several sauces. The sides are all well done and again, they have a large choice. The restaurant is set up with an order line that moves quickly for the multitude of regulars and tourist. Seating is casual at nice picnic tables or booths. The only negative I've found is the ice tea. I presume they use the local city water and not being use to it I find it detracts from the tea flavor. But, when it comes to coffee or tea I am a purist who only uses filtered or good well water. 4 Rivers is a must for us when we are in the Orlando area.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

After seeing many reviews saying they had the best one of the best pulled pork sandwichwiches in Orlando, I had to try it out. My wife and I were quite disappointed. It was dry, very little sauce, served on a plain cold hamburger bun and the sides were nothing to write home about.
Hopefully there are better pulled pork sandwiches in Orlando.

1  Thank Anthony J
Reviewed March 14, 2013

OMG this is the worst barbecue we have ever had!!!! We lived in TX for almost 20 years and moved to FL a year ago. We spent the weekend at Disney and we specifically drove an extra 30 minutes from Disney World to stay in Winter Garden area BECAUSE 4Rivers Smokehouse was close by and we were longing for true Texas BBQ. I have absolutely no clue why there was a line for this place. Trust me, I had HIGH hopes for this place, the pictures and other reviews were awesome....well let me just say - UH - NO. If you have ever had true Texas bbq (ie Poke-E-Joe's, Rudy's or the Salt Lick) you will be sorely disappointed. The brisket was like eating shoe leather, the sausage was terrible and the sauce was gross. And the sides were equally nasty. The mac and cheese was seriously a step below generic - put it this way, Kraft mac and cheese is 100% better (and I hate instant mac&cheese). Both our boys (11 and 8) did not eat - our 8 year old ate two bites of his hot dog and one bite of mac& cheese. Save yourself the headache and disappointment and go elsewhere.

3  Thank TXFamilyFoodies
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't live in Orlando, but visit 4Rivers any chance I get. My favorite meal is the sliders, which allows me to enjoy three different kinds of meet. I usually get the pulled pork, burnt ends, and brisket.
I have never had a bad meal here, in maybe 10 visits. The beans and cheese grits are among the best I've had. The food is fresh, the fries done right. I am looking forward to a Gainesville location opening in the summer.