“Great for foodies and oenophiles alike”

Chef's Table Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef's Table Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 147 Restaurants in Winter Garden
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Boyd St.
Description: The Tasting Room at the Chef's Table is the small plate concept brought to you by the same chefs that create food at the Chef's Table at the Edgewater. Since opening, we have won Best Appetizers in Orlando by the readers of Orlando Magazine. Our full bar offers some of the best creative, craft cocktails in Orlando. And we also serve craft beers and award winning wines.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We just got home from this fantastic restaurant that I've been wanting to try for the last couple of years - we live in WG and have friends that rave about this place. So worth the trip! My husband and I ordered different plates for each course so we could try more.

App: Mushroom & chive crepe torte (amazing!), Foie Gras on brioche (tasty)
Entree: Duck (duck was perfection, jambalaya risotto was a little rich for my taste), Filet (I've never had brussel sprouts taste so good!)
Dessert: Chocolate creme brulee (yum!), bread pudding (fabulous)

We ordered the cheese platter - a good extra if you have a little extra to spend. Small cheese wedges (brie, fontina, bleu, manchego, cheddar), but the accouterments really made the dish!

We also ordered the wine pairing - huge pours! Each of the wines and port pair perfectly with the dish. We know wine and drink it often, but wow! Their wine menu is fantastic - a lot of really great options if you are buying a bottle, but the pairing was just superb. We really enjoy port, and both the ruby and tawny blended really well with our desserts.

I'm looking forward to the next time we go back, but I think we'll each just order a glass of wine. Like I said, the pours were huge, so I think I'd just entree pair based on the sommelier's suggestion. Also looking forward to our entree leftovers tomorrow because of the nice-sized portions:)

Service was fast - very happy with everything we experienced tonight!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Waited for almost 1 hour for dessert and nobody gave explanation why, the restaurant was not busy either. Not coming back.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Well, played. My wife and I had the most fantastic meal here. True story: we laughed the next morning when we discussed about how we had psycho-somatic dreams recalling our respective dinners. This place is wonderful. The food is without a doubt delectable. The hosts, your chef and his wife, visit often, and are honestly concerned with your meal enjoyment. Most impressive is their willingness to celebrate your dinner victories. Do you love exquisite food, in a semi-formal atmosphere, with a very down to earth staff? You'll make this place a memory.

1  Thank Unclewarwar
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The Chef's Table is intimate and private with personal, friendly service. The menu changes up a bit from visit to visit but keeps the staples that you are sure to rave about. For example, who knew crepes stacked up with mushrooms, truffles and sauce could taste so amazing. Portions are just right (kind of big but not gargantuan). Wine or beer matching with menu is an option. Cost is $55 for three courses without tip or drinks.

For those on smaller budgets, there is a small shareable plate bar adjacent serving the same quality of food from the same kitchen. Very egalitarian to offer such great food to a wider variety of budgets.

The people who founded this restaurant are generous spirits and enthusiastic about creating unique gourmet experiences. We don't live in Orlando but visit often. We always same one night for The Chef's Table dining experience.

1  Thank Eacoy
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My hubby and I took a trip from Orlando to Winter Garden exclusively to try this restaurant, which was voted the best restaurant in Orlando by Zagat's Top Restaurants in America in 2012. How's that to create expectations? And they were met!

Service was impeccable. Our server was knowledgeable and made sure that we had the best experience throughout our meal. They offer a three course dinner for $55.00 which includes appetizer, entree, and dessert. You can also add the wine pairing for an additional $23.00. We didn't do the wine pairing. Rather, we started with Kluge Rose bubbly to open our appetites (as if we needed it!).

For his appetizer my hubby ordered the seared foie gras with goat cheese, vidalia onion, and Granny Smith creme brulee. It was an unexpected combination of sweet and salty that strangely worked. However, the ratio of foie gras and creme brulee was off. Nevertheless, it's nice to know that the restaurant is already changing this dish based on previous comments from other customers.

I started off with the ahi tuna tartare with mango salsa and spicy mayo, which was wonderful. It had quite a kick but I could still taste the fresh tuna. Yummy. My hubby stole my appetizer half way through with the promise that I would get his dessert (as if he had a chance!).

For his main course, my hubby had the maple leaf farms duo of duck which included a pan roasted breast, whole grain mustard spaetzle, and red cabbage aigre doux, as well as crispy leg confit, cornbread puree, and pickled peach. The duck was seared to perfection and the sauerkraut complimented the duck. Duck is one of those dishes that can be done right or wrong. This restaurant did it right!

For my entree I had the house cured smoked pork chop and crispy pork belly with white bean cassoulet and candied collards with habanero-peach chutney. This pork had a wonderful crust, yet was juicy and tender inside. This was really difficult given the thickness of the chop. Yummm... It was my first time trying white beans and they didn't disappoint. They were creamy and flavorful with just a hint of heat.

By the time we got our entrees we were done with our bubbly so we moved to red Treana, a fantastic blend from the Central Coast in California. Most people don't know about this wine because it's from a very small vineyard. If you see this wine, order it and thank me later :)

For my desserts (my hubby didn't get any, by contract), I ordered the rocky road bread pudding, made with peanut butter creme Anglaise and chocolate ganache, as well as the brown butter cake made with buttermilk mascarpone ice cream and ginger/hazelnut tuille. I started with the latter and it was sticky sweet just like I like my desserts. I enjoyed it so much that I couldn't eat the other one, even though I tried a little bit. The bread pudding was sweet too from the peanut butter but the dark chocolate balanced it out. I ended up taking it home to satisfy my 3:00 a.m cravings :)

This was a wonderful experience and we only wish they would move to Miami Beach. They deserve a location that is on par to their amazing food and service.

5  Thank Marlykimbonike