“Our best anniversary!”

Chef's Table Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 139 Restaurants in Winter Garden
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Boyd St.
Description: The Tasting Room at the Chef's Table is the small plate concept brought to you by the same chefs that create food at the Chef's Table at the Edgewater. Since opening, we have won Best Appetizers in Orlando by the readers of Orlando Magazine. Our full bar offers some of the best creative, craft cocktails in Orlando. And we also serve craft beers and award winning wines.
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our best anniversary!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Well, played. My wife and I had the most fantastic meal here. True story: we laughed the next morning when we discussed about how we had psycho-somatic dreams recalling our respective dinners. This place is wonderful. The food is without a doubt delectable. The hosts, your chef and his wife, visit often, and are honestly concerned with your meal enjoyment. Most impressive is their willingness to celebrate your dinner victories. Do you love exquisite food, in a semi-formal atmosphere, with a very down to earth staff? You'll make this place a memory.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Unclewarwar

Savannah, Georgia
“3 course fixed menu - one of Orlando's best dining experiences”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The Chef's Table is intimate and private with personal, friendly service. The menu changes up a bit from visit to visit but keeps the staples that you are sure to rave about. For example, who knew crepes stacked up with mushrooms, truffles and sauce could taste so amazing. Portions are just right (kind of big but not gargantuan). Wine or beer matching with menu is an option. Cost is $55 for three courses without tip or drinks.

For those on smaller budgets, there is a small shareable plate bar adjacent serving the same quality of food from the same kitchen. Very egalitarian to offer such great food to a wider variety of budgets.

The people who founded this restaurant are generous spirits and enthusiastic about creating unique gourmet experiences. We don't live in Orlando but visit often. We always same one night for The Chef's Table dining experience.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Eacoy
Miami, Florida
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My hubby and I took a trip from Orlando to Winter Garden exclusively to try this restaurant, which was voted the best restaurant in Orlando by Zagat's Top Restaurants in America in 2012. How's that to create expectations? And they were met!

Service was impeccable. Our server was knowledgeable and made sure that we had the best experience throughout our meal. They offer a three course dinner for $55.00 which includes appetizer, entree, and dessert. You can also add the wine pairing for an additional $23.00. We didn't do the wine pairing. Rather, we started with Kluge Rose bubbly to open our appetites (as if we needed it!).

For his appetizer my hubby ordered the seared foie gras with goat cheese, vidalia onion, and Granny Smith creme brulee. It was an unexpected combination of sweet and salty that strangely worked. However, the ratio of foie gras and creme brulee was off. Nevertheless, it's nice to know that the restaurant is already changing this dish based on previous comments from other customers.

I started off with the ahi tuna tartare with mango salsa and spicy mayo, which was wonderful. It had quite a kick but I could still taste the fresh tuna. Yummy. My hubby stole my appetizer half way through with the promise that I would get his dessert (as if he had a chance!).

For his main course, my hubby had the maple leaf farms duo of duck which included a pan roasted breast, whole grain mustard spaetzle, and red cabbage aigre doux, as well as crispy leg confit, cornbread puree, and pickled peach. The duck was seared to perfection and the sauerkraut complimented the duck. Duck is one of those dishes that can be done right or wrong. This restaurant did it right!

For my entree I had the house cured smoked pork chop and crispy pork belly with white bean cassoulet and candied collards with habanero-peach chutney. This pork had a wonderful crust, yet was juicy and tender inside. This was really difficult given the thickness of the chop. Yummm... It was my first time trying white beans and they didn't disappoint. They were creamy and flavorful with just a hint of heat.

By the time we got our entrees we were done with our bubbly so we moved to red Treana, a fantastic blend from the Central Coast in California. Most people don't know about this wine because it's from a very small vineyard. If you see this wine, order it and thank me later :)

For my desserts (my hubby didn't get any, by contract), I ordered the rocky road bread pudding, made with peanut butter creme Anglaise and chocolate ganache, as well as the brown butter cake made with buttermilk mascarpone ice cream and ginger/hazelnut tuille. I started with the latter and it was sticky sweet just like I like my desserts. I enjoyed it so much that I couldn't eat the other one, even though I tried a little bit. The bread pudding was sweet too from the peanut butter but the dark chocolate balanced it out. I ended up taking it home to satisfy my 3:00 a.m cravings :)

This was a wonderful experience and we only wish they would move to Miami Beach. They deserve a location that is on par to their amazing food and service.

5 Thank Marlykimbonike
Orlando
“Foodie Heaven!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

In a quiet corner of Winter Garden's quaint historic district, you'll find this gem of a restaurant. An elegant, romantic, unpretentious place with stellar service and some of the most amazing food you'll ever eat. Chef Kevin seated us in a cozy corner of the 6 table dining room and proceeded to make us feel like treasured guests. He took us through each menu item on their 3 course dinner listing, taking time to explain the hows and whys of each dish's creation. It was truly one of the best food conversations we've ever had....and it was an actual conversation with questions and answers and laughter and all the good things that make you feel like a friend instead of a patron. We selected our food and also added the wine pairings. While we've enjoyed The Chef's Table before, we had never done so with wine pairings. Adding the wine turned an incredible experience into a supernatural one. Bliss. Sheer bliss! If you enjoy food....if you enjoy amazing food....this is the restaurant for you. And don't forget the wine pairings.

1 Thank lkolympia
Denver Colorado
“Terriffic Evening”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This little venue, tucked away in downtown Winter Garden’s main street area, provided an enjoyable and delicious evening.

They support a simple menu to choose from; three appetizers, three entrees and a short list of deserts on a prix fixe basis. The night our group visited we enjoyed an incredible mushroom tart and an amazing frois gras crème brulee as our starters. Half the group picked the local red snapper, the others selected the duck. All remained awed with the preparation and presentation of our meal.

Kevin Tarter, owner and executive chef, runs an excellent place. You’ll be greeted warmly, efficiently taken to your table where your waiters take over for the rest of the evening. Simple menu of delicious choices. Terrific bar, solid wine list.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is warm and welcoming. This is an easy place to enjoy great food and have a conversation without shouting over the other guests.

All in all, a wonderful place to spend a few hours enjoying the fruits of a smart and creative kitchen.

3 Thank captaincortez