“Quiet paradise in the middle of it all!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ed Lugo Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wilton Manors
Melbourne, Florida
“Quiet paradise in the middle of it all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

We wanted a quiet, romantic get away and that is what we got and more! We were met upon arrival by Ed and Lourdes at check in, offering a glass of wine while they told us about the resort and surrounding area. Our suite was so charming, clean and authentically Florida! Complete with fresh flowers, live orchids and complementary beverages and snacks. The touches that make a place, larges soft towels, beautiful linen and comfortable furniture add to the overall feel of this resort. You can escape from it all here and still be within walking distance of great food, drink and shopping. We never got in our car until regrettably, we had to return to reality. We will be back and would recommend this resort to most anyone that is looking for a Gay Welcoming (but not exclusively) resort, where anyone can feel comfortable! The pictures, while nice, do not do the resort justice, you have to experience it to enjoy all this has to offer, both tangible and intangible! we are so happy we have found Ed Lugo Resort and are already planning our next trip.

Room Tip: Go for the two bedroom villa, even if don't need the second room! Spacious, hard wood floors and...
1 Thank ZeboDog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
rhode island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

The Ed Lugo Resort cannot be compared to a Holiday Inn Express. Having completed my fifth stay , I would not consider accomodations anywhere else in Ft Lauderdale. The attention to detail is consistantly displayed thoughout this boutique resort. Suites are beautifully decorated always having fresh flowers, the pool area is peaceful and relaxing with a running waterfall. Ed and Lourdes go out of their way to make everyones vacation enjoyable. There should not be any hesitation when booking this resort.

3 Thank lynn0206
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

we don't feel the need give an extended review as there are enough of them already !!!! an absolute 10/10, so much so we extended our stay ! cheers Ed and looking forward to going back next year

Room Tip: we had the 2 bed villa on the other side of the road away from the 'pool area', we had our o...
2 Thank eddieandian
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

While Ed is a charming host, it's tiny and not nearly as clean as tidy as a Holiday Inn Express would have been. I was truly disheartened and disappointed that it wasn't nicer. I couldn't sleep for the loud techno music coming from the house next door and the horribly uncomfortable bed. The other thing is that the detergent used on the linens was so strong and for people with allergies that is not good. I thought it was cute, worth about $50-$75 a night. Not over $100. Just get a Holiday Inn Express. At least it's clean, roomy and QUIET!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank martisunshine13
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

I did my research thoroughly before we decided to book at the Ed Lugo Resort. My partner, a friend and I stayed a couple of nights before our cruise and yes, the reviews are correct; this place is wonderful!

Ed bent over backwards to make our stay awesome. His attention to detail was staggering - from the well-kept pool area, to the beautiful accommodations right down to the "Ed Lugo Resort" monogrammed towels they handed me when I went to the off-site gym.

We basically got an entire house. Two bedrooms, wood floors, stainless steel appliances, comfy beds - and they look just like the pictures. And perhaps the best part about the place is its location. We easily stumbled home from the bars in Wilton Manors, which were also a lot of fun. Two thumbs up, Ed! We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank brownout78
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

So this was our first time in Fort Lauderdale and I can honestly say that I chose the best place to stay as far as I'm concerned. Ed and Lourdes are the most friendly welcoming hosts, they ply you with drink as soon as you arrive and show you around the beautiful garden and pool area. The pool is cool in the day but in the evening it is heated which is great for that late night swim. There is a hot tub too and private shower. The rooms are perfect - they stock up the fridge with beer, coca cola and water and there are also snacks - all of which are complimentary. Rooms are really comfortable and clean and inviting. They do their best to make you feel welcome, giving you advice on where to go for nights out etc. We stayed for 3 nights and then travelled to Key West but had to break up the return journey so stayed at Ed Lugo's again for another night as we loved it so much. We did not want to leave!!! Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to leave my camera and necklace in one of the bedroom drawers and they called me to tell me. I was already in Orlando so they agreed to post it to me at home in the UK - and wouldn't take any money for doing so. Where would you get that kind of service in the UK????!!!! Thanks so much - I will definitely be returning, hopefully next year for my big 40... If you're gonna stay in Ft Lauderdale and want to be right where the gay village is (and I mean just across the road but being far enough away to feel like you are on your own private tropical island), then you HAVE to stay here!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ADHouse186254
Quebradillas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

This resort is top notch. The owner Ed lugo and assitant lourdes are two of best host. I've been all over the world. This Labor day weekend was the best. The resort not only have the best Host. The service, cleanniness, the surroundings, The amenities are the best. I highley recommend this resort. I'm John from Puerto Rico. I definitley will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton Manors
Clarion Inn Fort Lauderdale
Clarion Inn Fort Lauderdale
#86 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Be...
#1 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Island Sands Inn
Island Sands Inn
#1 of 2 in Wilton Manors
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A No...
#11 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,525 reviews

Been to Ed Lugo Resort? Share your experiences!