This was our first time on a real get away vacation for myself & my partner Patrick. A friend I grew up with in Miami who now lives in Ft. Lauderdale recommended the Cabanas, and what a delight it was. Think of a 1950's motor court with 'Shangri-La" tropical layout and you can get a snapshot of what this place is like. Everyone was extremely helpful and courteous, and the owner 'John' made sure first timers like us felt very welcomed. We didn't realize it was clothing optional, but that wasn't a problem. The small numbers of residents made for a cozy, intimate group setting without feeling like you are in a 'meat market' or being over-starred at, so after awhile walking around naked became the norm. A large wooden fence around most of the property shields anyone from seeing in, and makes for a secure layout, as you have to have the code to get into the 'compound'.
There's a nice 'continental' breakfast included in your room charge consisting of yogurt, cereal, packaged danish, fresh fruit, or bagels. Anything more, and you can journey to nearby restaurants. All rooms are nicely equipped with sink, fridge and microwave. Only the largest 'suite' has a full size stove, but hey, you're on vacation, so who wants to cook?
The Cabanas are conveniently located at the eastern edge of Wilton Manors, about midways from the bars on Wilton Drive to the beach. We even used the 'hopper', a local "overgrown golf cart" to take us back and forth to the bars, as parking is limited on a popular night. Just tip the driver accordingly.
Will we stay again at the Cabanas? You bet! We met some great guys, and we are keeping in touch to try and get together again same time next summer. Can't wait.
Jon Bassett and Patrick Henry, Tampa Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa is located in Wilton Manors, the heart of Gay Fort Lauderdale. Our tropical waterfront oasis is closest to nightlife,dinning and shopping. We are a clothing optional, all male gay Resort with a full service men's day spa. Our property has two pools, steam room, 8 man jacuzzi, Kayaking and bikes for our guest. We also provide free WiFi, full continental breakfast, beer and wine, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cabanas Guesthouse Hotel Wilton Manors
- The Cabanas Guesthouse And Spa