On our 8th trip to Fort Lauderdale in 10 years - this was the first time we stayed away from the FTL Beach area where most of the guest houses are.
Nice cabanas (cabins) with full kitchens. Very nice pools (one secluded and not heated - one bigger pool, heated but along the main road). 10 Man Hot Tub right on an intercoastal river.
Rocking chairs on a deck over the water. Beautiful tropical plantings.
This is the right place to stay at this time.
There are FOUR major highrise resorts under construction between the guest houses on the beach. The entire strip of funky old businesses, stores and quick food that were very VERY welcoming to the gay community have be wiped off the face of the earth and replaced by empty store fronts. So staying at the beach right now may be a bit lonely - and quite a walk to buy even the simplest supplies... I do not recommend staying iin the beach guest houses until life along that stretch has come back once the W, Trump Tower and Hilton fully open in late 2009
With free secure parking renting a car makes sense if you stay at The Cabanas. This location is right down the street from all the action on Wilton Drive (BILL's has taken over as the Sunday afternoon hotspot.) Going the other way you are five minutes from the legendary (and very gay friendly) Mai Kai restaurant, and then only 10 minutes from the gay beach when you are ready to explore that scene.
The manager is very nice and the 24 Hours pool is an extra few steps away from the rooms so noise is never a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa is located in Wilton Manors, the heart of Gay Fort Lauderdale. Our tropical waterfront oasis is closest to nightlife,dinning and shopping. We are a clothing optional, all male gay Resort with a full service men's day spa. Our property has two pools, steam room, 8 man jacuzzi, Kayaking and bikes for our guest. We also provide free WiFi, full continental breakfast and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cabanas Guesthouse And Spa
- The Cabanas Guesthouse Hotel Wilton Manors