“Seafood Restaurant with the patina of Old Florida”
Review of Old Florida Seafood House - CLOSED

Old Florida Seafood House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Relatively few restaurants know how to cook seafood properly. Not so, this treasure from a time when freshness and pride of preparation was in flower. My scallops were perfectly prepared. The portion was generous, and they had that wonderful sweet nutty flavor absent from all the fake scallop substitutions prevalent today. My daughter's salmon was also prepared well, although we would have preferred wild-caught pacific rather than the Atlantic Salmon served. The Yellow tailed Snapper was also most tasty, and all of the side dishes most creative. Creme sherry was served with my conch chowder and blended well with the spikiness of the chowder itself. The variety of vegetable choices offered was above and beyond the usual, and the service was not only excellent but our waiter knew about each and every dish. Moreover he had the right attitude and spirit, so often missing these days.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Living in the area, this is my go to place to eat when we are looking to entertain family and friends. We even had our rehearsal dinner here! We feel like family when we eat here, don't miss an opportunity to eat here.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We go to this place often when I'm in Florida visiting my friend and or nephew. I must say in the 10+ times i've been to OFS I have never had a bad meal....honestly. The prices are average for the locale but the food and drinks are very much worth the costs. Broiled seafood platter (broiler) is the best and the high roller I also recommend. Gerri as your waitress and Tina is the bartender and both are great people and top notch at what they do.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend who visits Ft. Lauderdale yearly !
Who can complain about the early bird from 5-6 with 25% off already reasonable prices !
For $20 I had an excellent Tilapia Royal with a touch of crab and baby shrimp, double baked potato, carrots, an excellent salad rolls and excellent fluffy cheesecake for dessert!
My wife had shrimp scampi which rated "outstanding." Would be a stop anytime I'm in the area!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Outstanding Stone Crabs- as good as any elsewhere. Been dining at OFSH for years, and the consistent quality of fish, other foods, service, and portion brings my "snowbird" family back year after year. You want it prepared a certain way, ask them, they may be able to accommodate your wish. Their Raw Bar offers the best-fresh shell fish in FL.
Thanks OFSH...see you next year!