“Great place to eat and have a few delicious beverages”
Review of Old Florida Seafood House - CLOSED

Old Florida Seafood House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We go to this place often when I'm in Florida visiting my friend and or nephew. I must say in the 10+ times i've been to OFS I have never had a bad meal....honestly. The prices are average for the locale but the food and drinks are very much worth the costs. Broiled seafood platter (broiler) is the best and the high roller I also recommend. Gerri as your waitress and Tina is the bartender and both are great people and top notch at what they do.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend who visits Ft. Lauderdale yearly !
Who can complain about the early bird from 5-6 with 25% off already reasonable prices !
For $20 I had an excellent Tilapia Royal with a touch of crab and baby shrimp, double baked potato, carrots, an excellent salad rolls and excellent fluffy cheesecake for dessert!
My wife had shrimp scampi which rated "outstanding." Would be a stop anytime I'm in the area!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Outstanding Stone Crabs- as good as any elsewhere. Been dining at OFSH for years, and the consistent quality of fish, other foods, service, and portion brings my "snowbird" family back year after year. You want it prepared a certain way, ask them, they may be able to accommodate your wish. Their Raw Bar offers the best-fresh shell fish in FL.
Thanks OFSH...see you next year!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Terrible experience. I have celiac disease and asked specifically if the tilapia was breaded. The waitress reassure me it was not. However, when my food came it was breaded in flour. I had to trade my dinner with my mothers meal. My mother ordered shrimp scampi and it was the worst shrimp I have ever consumed. I honestly should of ate the breaded fish to end this terrible venture. Overall, never come here it's old and the food tastes the same way.

3  Thank Cierrapfister
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have been going to Old Florida for over 15 years, and it is one of the few resturants we have found that the food/service/atmosphere are always excellent.

An older crowd and very loyal following, the owner, hostess and servers know the regulars by name. Especially in the "den".

Jim loves the Shellfish Marinara, I always have the Maine Lobster Tails. The meal comes with bread, a great salad, potato, fried zucchini or creamed spinach. The house dressing is amazing!

A bit pricey, at $32 but for an occasional splurge its definately worth the money.