“OUTSTANDING !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Florida Seafood House - CLOSED

Old Florida Seafood House
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“OUTSTANDING !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend who visits Ft. Lauderdale yearly !
Who can complain about the early bird from 5-6 with 25% off already reasonable prices !
For $20 I had an excellent Tilapia Royal with a touch of crab and baby shrimp, double baked potato, carrots, an excellent salad rolls and excellent fluffy cheesecake for dessert!
My wife had shrimp scampi which rated "outstanding." Would be a stop anytime I'm in the area!

• Visited April 2013

Chicago
“Who needs Charles'?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Outstanding Stone Crabs- as good as any elsewhere. Been dining at OFSH for years, and the consistent quality of fish, other foods, service, and portion brings my "snowbird" family back year after year. You want it prepared a certain way, ask them, they may be able to accommodate your wish. Their Raw Bar offers the best-fresh shell fish in FL.
Thanks OFSH...see you next year!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Old really is old...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Terrible experience. I have celiac disease and asked specifically if the tilapia was breaded. The waitress reassure me it was not. However, when my food came it was breaded in flour. I had to trade my dinner with my mothers meal. My mother ordered shrimp scampi and it was the worst shrimp I have ever consumed. I honestly should of ate the breaded fish to end this terrible venture. Overall, never come here it's old and the food tastes the same way.

3 Thank Cierrapfister
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Expensive but worth every dime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have been going to Old Florida for over 15 years, and it is one of the few resturants we have found that the food/service/atmosphere are always excellent.

An older crowd and very loyal following, the owner, hostess and servers know the regulars by name. Especially in the "den".

Jim loves the Shellfish Marinara, I always have the Maine Lobster Tails. The meal comes with bread, a great salad, potato, fried zucchini or creamed spinach. The house dressing is amazing!

A bit pricey, at $32 but for an occasional splurge its definately worth the money.

• Visited March 2013
Lighthouse Point, Florida
“Excellent seafood with a straight forward preparation and presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went there twice in ten days. I admit, I like the place. Go out of your way to dine there.

Raw oysters and clams. Many fish of the day selections. Large portions. Attentive service. What is their not to like?

I generally order 1/2 dozen raw clams (devine) and one of the "fish of the day" grilled. Never been unhappy. My wife likes the deserts; I don't indulge.

Ambiance: the dining room is a large open room with tables and booths. Basic wood tables with place mats. Cheerful atmosphere. In a room off to the side there is a bar, where food is also served.

• Visited February 2013