“wont be back, this place needs a make over”
Review of Old Florida Seafood House - CLOSED

Old Florida Seafood House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

the food and ambiance is from the dark ages, the place needs new faces paint and menu, lots of vegies most the stuff from the deep fryer, simply said the food needs to be revised

1  Thank ilikecamping

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Old Florida is our favorite place for seafood. My husband and I have eaten there numerous times, a lot of times with friends who give rave reviews as well. We have never been disappointed. Our favorite dish is the broiled seafood platter which is a huge platter made up of broiled lobster, shrimp, scallops, fish, etc and we usually get steamed broccoli and a baked potato on the side. It's a little up there in price, but you get what you pay for. I get at least two meals out of it. The house salad is excellent - I love the house dressing, which is a chutney and poppyseed combination. We're not big on bread, but our friends always rave about it. The service is always excellent, and the kitchen is great because my husband has all sorts of allergies and they've never messed up. We normally eat in the newer dining room behind the main bar, but we've eaten at the raw bar and the regular dining room and have always had great food and service.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This seafood house was recommended by several people in the area as being one of the best places to eat in the area. I went on a Friday night and they were not too busy. I sat at the bar where the service was outstanding. I had a salad, broiled shrimp cooked with garlic, butter and breadcrumbs, twice baked potato and steamed apples. The shrimp was way overcoated with breadcrumb mixture and was cooked in way too much butter. The twice baked potato was not hot upon arrival to the table and was very bland. The best thing about the entire meal was the house bread and steamed apples. My meal with no alcohol was over $30.

I would definately not recommend this place to anyone as there is much better food to be had for much less money in the same area of Ft Lauderdale. Not to mention the decor is from the 70's and has never been updated.

1  Thank ddmullis
Reviewed July 30, 2012

On the advice of friends, we went there for dinner. Service was outstanding, though. However, the food left something to be desired....I ordered clams and oysters on the halfshell. Excellent. Had the clam chowder (ok, a few spoonfulls of it b4 the server asked if I'd rather have the spicy conch chowder, which I switched out). It was spicy, in a tomato broth. My father had the same, but he liked it. I ordered the Maryland style crab cakes....Very plain, no seasoning, and no lumps of crab in it, though I do know it was crab. I had creamed spinach with it, and was expecting FRESH creamed spinach, but it tasted like the spinach come out of the can and they just "cream styled" it....I did look for lobster, which they did not have, but they did have 2 lobster tails. At least I was smart enough to ask if they were fresh, but alas, they were not; they were "fresh frozen". My father ordered the shrimp with the butter and capers, and he was not too impressed with it and didn't particularly care for it....Too expensive for what we had.....

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is one of our favorite places when visiting Wilton Manors and it is all about the food. The place is kind of an old style family place, so no designer du jour interior; there are plenty of other places if that is what you're looking for. We have always found the service to be good. The highlight is the seafood - it is simply prepared and obviously fresh. We typically order fried dishes as we rarely have that at home, and on vacation the calories don't count, right? The clientele tends to be older, but we see more and more younger diners at each successive visit. If you're looking for fresh, simply prepared seafood, this place should be at the top of your list!