“Not Impressed”
Review of Old Florida Seafood House - CLOSED

Old Florida Seafood House
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Los Angeles,CA
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

On the advice of friends, we went there for dinner. Service was outstanding, though. However, the food left something to be desired....I ordered clams and oysters on the halfshell. Excellent. Had the clam chowder (ok, a few spoonfulls of it b4 the server asked if I'd rather have the spicy conch chowder, which I switched out). It was spicy, in a tomato broth. My father had the same, but he liked it. I ordered the Maryland style crab cakes....Very plain, no seasoning, and no lumps of crab in it, though I do know it was crab. I had creamed spinach with it, and was expecting FRESH creamed spinach, but it tasted like the spinach come out of the can and they just "cream styled" it....I did look for lobster, which they did not have, but they did have 2 lobster tails. At least I was smart enough to ask if they were fresh, but alas, they were not; they were "fresh frozen". My father ordered the shrimp with the butter and capers, and he was not too impressed with it and didn't particularly care for it....Too expensive for what we had.....

• Visited July 2012

San Francisco
“Outstanding seafood”
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This is one of our favorite places when visiting Wilton Manors and it is all about the food. The place is kind of an old style family place, so no designer du jour interior; there are plenty of other places if that is what you're looking for. We have always found the service to be good. The highlight is the seafood - it is simply prepared and obviously fresh. We typically order fried dishes as we rarely have that at home, and on vacation the calories don't count, right? The clientele tends to be older, but we see more and more younger diners at each successive visit. If you're looking for fresh, simply prepared seafood, this place should be at the top of your list!

Plantation, Florida
“Go North for Good Seafood!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

First of all let me say, I am from South Carolina where the seafood along the coast is to die for!
I spend a part of most every summer in Broward County and have eaten once before at the Old Florida Seafood House. During that visit the food was medicre but eatable. This visit I ordered the broiled Atlantic Salmon. As I told the waitress, who was quite pleast, the sallmon was dry, tough and unflovoralbe. The mashed/smashed potatoes were so dry I passed them to my friend, who had ordered the crab bisque, which I tasted and it was fair! We ate early due to having a brunch at 11am and found the early bird menu quite limited, and maybe only reduce 1.00 or so off the dinner menu. In defense I would like to say that the bread was delicious, as was the key lime pie. Not to make excuses, but maybe this restruant is fabulous throughout the winter months but I would say to look elsewhere for a good seafood summer eatery, or travel north to the South Carolina coast where you cannot go wrong year around.

• Visited June 2012
“You got to be kidding me!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Service was not good but I did not mind that so much. I heard this place was good and we had a gift certificate so I said why not. What a terrible place to eat! I had the special two lobster tails. Meat was tough with no sweetness. Butter served was just oil, no dairy involved. The creamed spinach was the worst I ever had and the frog legs I had for appetizer was bland to say the least. The bread that came out was the only good part of the meal. The clam chowder was terrible. If you want good chowder go to The Chart House. This restaurant is for seniors with paralyzed taste buds. -S

1 Thank Shaved
Plantation, Florida
“Lobster tails”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is one of my favorites. Not only is the food excellent but the portions are plentiful. We take friends and family there all the time when they are in town. Great eatery

• Visited March 2012