“Always visit when in town”
Review of Tropics

Tropics
Ranked #42 of 86 Restaurants in Wilton Manors
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We always eat in tropics when we are visiting from Ireland.
As a special occasion we had the New Year's Eve dinner and boy was it a disappointment.
Everything seemed pre prepared and lacked taste. I really have to say standards have dropped terribly.
Manager comped the drinks but I think a new chef or some training in cooking to order is needed.
I noticed the place wasn't full either.....management take note.

3  Thank paulm645

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We always go to Tropics for a fun and delightful Sunday brunch....reasonable price, good food, lots of fun people, and yummy cocktails. Try it!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

You gotta love the Tropics. Really friendly folks, The piano bar is a mix of cocktails, nostalgia and pure unadulterated, silly, fun. If you don't like the older crowd, go live on your own little twink island somewhere. These folks really know how to have a good time. The food, well that's another story....appears to be pre-packaged stuff and kinda average and meh, sorry i hate that word, but it's description escapes me at the moment, but I assure you it's edible however overpriced it may be, even on 2 for 1 nights :) I enjoy the ambinance so much I will put up with it, whenever I visit beautiful Ft. Lauderdale. Nuff said, try it, you'll like it.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The food is just fine, Sunday brunch is fun, but the nights when Gloria sings and Tony plays are the real draw here!

1  Thank nino d d
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Wilton Manors, I have eaten at Tropics on a number of occasions. Sadly, as the years have gone by, the quality of the food has got worse. Three of us had dinner on a Thursday, which is a two for the price of one night. Despite the poor selection, I was told that I could not order from the a la carte menu. Not exactly choice. Although our waiter was excellent, we had the strange situation that even he was surprised how fast our entrees arrived - which proved to me that the food was pre-prepared. Two of us had loin of pork - never have I seen such stringy meat - I even doubt it was loin - which is one of the softer meat cuts around. As usual we had no option but to pay the 18% gratuity, which I was happy to give it to the waiter, but certainly not the cooks. Fortunately, there are now more restaurants iin Wilton Manors.

1  Thank stelondon