“Try it you'll like it......”
Review of Tropics - CLOSED

Tropics
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

You gotta love the Tropics. Really friendly folks, The piano bar is a mix of cocktails, nostalgia and pure unadulterated, silly, fun. If you don't like the older crowd, go live on your own little twink island somewhere. These folks really know how to have a good time. The food, well that's another story....appears to be pre-packaged stuff and kinda average and meh, sorry i hate that word, but it's description escapes me at the moment, but I assure you it's edible however overpriced it may be, even on 2 for 1 nights :) I enjoy the ambinance so much I will put up with it, whenever I visit beautiful Ft. Lauderdale. Nuff said, try it, you'll like it.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The food is just fine, Sunday brunch is fun, but the nights when Gloria sings and Tony plays are the real draw here!

1  Thank nino d d
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Wilton Manors, I have eaten at Tropics on a number of occasions. Sadly, as the years have gone by, the quality of the food has got worse. Three of us had dinner on a Thursday, which is a two for the price of one night. Despite the poor selection, I was told that I could not order from the a la carte menu. Not exactly choice. Although our waiter was excellent, we had the strange situation that even he was surprised how fast our entrees arrived - which proved to me that the food was pre-prepared. Two of us had loin of pork - never have I seen such stringy meat - I even doubt it was loin - which is one of the softer meat cuts around. As usual we had no option but to pay the 18% gratuity, which I was happy to give it to the waiter, but certainly not the cooks. Fortunately, there are now more restaurants iin Wilton Manors.

1  Thank stelondon
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My partner and I went to a 2 for 1 night and we each had prime ribs for dinner. It was just awful; 1/4 of it was fat and meat was dry as a bone. But what really surprises me was that this restaurant automatically charges you 18% gratuity on the bill. I felt insulted and would never patronize this place again in the future.

4  Thank alfredhp
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I were invited by a friend to Sunday Brunch at Tropics and we were so impressed with the selection, presentation, and wonderful atmosphere. We had mimosas and bloody Mary's for drinks and they were yummy. The food selection included, Eggs Benedict, carved ham and roast beef, custom omelets, fruit, various veggies and biscuits. Plus a great selection of desserts. Our waiter was attentive but not overbearing and the whole experience was just plain pleasant. We would go back there again in a heartbeat!